Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

General Tips From Homer

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

If you are experiencing trouble with your auto try the following things.

1. Try using it in the Firefox browser (I know it sounds weird but I find if my auto is hiccupping sometimes just switching to this browser does the trick)

2. Delete your auto. Reboot your pc. Go to www.badgehelp.com and reinstall the program.

If you still encounter problems after this you'll need to post your specs here in tech help and then we'll go from there.

Here is the specs info we will need.

1.) Operating system (Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP etc)?
     2.) Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL, Mozilla, Opera etc)?
     3.) Color setting (24 bit, 32 bit etc)?
     4.) Screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768)?
     5.) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked?
     6.) What Java you are using?
     7.) What agent are you using?
     8.) What version number is this agent?
     9.) What specifically is the problem?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

SaintHiρρo

And if you don't know what the "agent" is... it's the auto you're using!

Also, this link will help answer some of the above questions for you: http://www.pogocheats.net/info.php

BadgeBabe

Hi, Homer,
I've never used a browser other than IE. Please forgive me but I have a few questions.

Is Firefox free to download somewhere or do I need to go buy it at a computer store or online?
Would you mind posting a link to a secure Firefox download site if there is one?

Is there anything I need to know about installing and operating it with the games and autos?
That's the only thing in your great Tips that I haven't been doing when I have a persistant, non- playable auto glitch.

Thank you!!   e5.gif>

Quote from: Homer on April 13, 2006, 03:35:42 PM
If you are experiencing trouble with your auto try the following things.

1. Try using it in the Firefox browser (I know it sounds weird but I find if my auto is hiccupping sometimes just switching to this browser does the trick)

2. Delete your auto. Reboot your pc. Go to www.badgehelp.com and reinstall the program.

If you still encounter problems after this you'll need to post your specs here in tech help and then we'll go from there.

Here is the specs info we will need.

1.) Operating system (Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP etc)?
     2.) Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL, Mozilla, Opera etc)?
     3.) Color setting (24 bit, 32 bit etc)?
     4.) Screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768)?
     5.) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked?
     6.) What Java you are using?
     7.) What agent are you using?
     8.) What version number is this agent?
     9.) What specifically is the problem?

foxx

Hey...check your TH thread re: Sushi...

I linked you to mozilla's site...that is the co. which created it...very safe to download from them. 

It is a very easy to use browser...the creator actually made it for people who were not computer saavy.  Try it out and explore it a little bit.  Tabbed browsing has made life more simple for me...

Good Luck!

Shady Lady

You can get Firefox from www.mozilla.com and Sun Java from www.java.com
I've found sometimes switching to Sun Java helps and it will give you a second java for double browsing.

Helen

I really need to try firefox. I use Netscape along with IE and don't seem to have many problems though.

BadgeBabe

THANK you all again so much.
Off to download this.
If  someone had said " Mozilla" I would have had an instant lightbulb moment. I am familiar with the Mozilla brand of browser, just not the Firefox version. :)

Homer, if this deletes my autos or all codes,I will come running back, :).
Thanks all!!

BadgeBabe

Mozilla Firefox is a dream to install. It took less than 3 mins. on high speed installation.

See Sushi thread about continuing probs.

Tara

On IE I can make my favorites stay on the left hand side or hide them but on Firefox...I don't understand where the list is...I know how to add one to favorites but how do you see the whole thing or maybe you don't?

foxx

Go to View>Toolbars>Customize...and then you can drag things onto your toolbar.  The "bookmark" icon looks like a little book with a blue ribbon-like bookmark on it...

Tara

Quote from: foxx on April 14, 2006, 04:50:03 PM
Go to View>Toolbars>Customize...and then you can drag things onto your toolbar.  The "bookmark" icon looks like a little book with a blue ribbon-like bookmark on it...

I got it !!  Thank ya  :-*

foxx

lostinpogoland

i have downloaded firefox ,my only questions  are can you refresh the page and if yes where ? thank for any and all help ee2.gif

foxx

View>Toolbars>Customize...

You can then drag and drop whatever icons you want onto your toolbar.  The refresh one kinda looks like the "recycled" sign.

lostinpogoland

foxx

You're welcome!  Have fun with it!

BadgeBabe

Homer, St. Hippo and Foxx,
I was configuring my system and didn't properly thank you.

THANK YOU!!!!

PS- I have been very careful with my autos, but I am finding duplicate exe. files on the ones I am having the most problems with.
Maybe this doesn't apply to anyone other than me, maybe everyone else already does a complete system search for files and folders when there is a giltch that calls for a re-install.
I haven't known that I needed to do this, and I have cleared out quite a lot of hidden files. Hidden in that there was NO icon showing for the duplicate helper exe. file.

I hope this can help someone else.

CUL!

foxx

Quote from: Iwanttowin2 on April 14, 2006, 07:09:42 PM
Homer, St. Hippo and Foxx,
I was configuring my system and didn't properly thank you.

THANK YOU!!!!

PS- I have been very careful with my autos, but I am finding duplicate exe. files on the ones I am having the most problems with.
Maybe this doesn't apply to anyone other than me, maybe everyone else already does a complete system search for files and folders when there is a giltch that calls for a re-install.
I haven't known that I needed to do this, and I have cleared out quite a lot of hidden files. Hidden in that there was NO icon showing for the duplicate helper exe. file.

I hope this can help someone else.

CUL!

You are very welcome...Happy cheating...

BadgeBabe

Same to you too!! May you get at least one badge per day. :)

BadgeBabe

Homer and all,
I have a brand new notebook which I want to use some of the time with the helper autos. This computer  did not come with the option of using MS VM. It only has Java.

I looked and looked in my Internet options, and it's not there. It's taken me 2 weeks to be able to tell you this, because it sounds utterly impossible but it's true.

Any suggestions on  how to get MS VM in addition to the Java Plug in? Please don't laugh at me.

THANK YOU ALL for the tremendous help!!!!