Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Need help you computer whizzes

Started by Hooper2092,

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooper2092

Hey I am getting a new laptop in the morning and I want to be able to get online with it anywhere. Do I need to buy an internet access card for everywhere? We have the 801 g wireless deal thingy here where i live at- its when Im abroad that I am most interested in.

touitsjesse

There are various ways you can connect to the internet abroad...I think and have found that the easiest, if you travel to various cities outside your home state, is get a mobile phone connection. This allows you to hook up to your cell phone. Now if you do this i recommend that maybe you use a nationwide mobile phone company, such as verizon or something of the sort. This allows you better hotspots to hit and get connected.

Which ever you decide to do to get connected, i would research and do your homework before you buy, cause with any long distance traveling, theres bound to be some hidden charges.

But yes there are at least 1/2 dozen ways you can connect to the internet while traveling.

gatime

I use sprint connection card, unlimited access time, it gets a signal anywhere my cell phone works,  it doesn't connect to my cell phone so you don't have to worry about tying up your cellphone while your on your laptop. This connection card cost me 120.00 us dollors a month but I've heard verizon has the same unlimited deal for 80.00 dollors a month. Hope this helps.

goatblls2006

i don't have a need for a national internet connection but I know that on my college campus we have Wi-Fi, and it requires more than just a wireless card.  I had to download a patch or update if you will from Intel that allowed me to connect to hotspots and such. 

I don't know what your intentions are, but I agree with touitsjesse that you should do your homework before you buy anything.  Good luck!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview