Sweet Tooth Town : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Poppit! Bingo : Daub 1500 numbers this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Garden HD : Remove 2200 tiles this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Canasta freezing up

Started by dv63,

Previous topic - Next topic

dv63

anyone having problems with canasta freezing up during game? It freezes and cards disappear. I tried restating computer and cleaning cache to no avail.

philinuk

i posted about canasta earlier in the week heres the reply i reciceved from pogo:

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Pogo.com Technical Support.

Our engineers are looking into the issue of disappearing cards in Canasta. We think that it may be related to anti-virus, firewall, or some other third party software. We hope to have a fix within the next few weeks. Although your results might vary, in the mean time you may want to try disabling any non-essential software that may be running on your system.

In Windows 98/ME you can click and hold CTRL-ALT-DEL buttons once to get the Close Program window to appear. The only processes you need for normal system operation are Systray and Explorer. Anything else listed could be interfering with the games ability to run properly.

In Windows XP you can click and hold CTRL-ALT-DEL buttons once to get the Task Manager window to appear.

arinh

u can play canasta in the firefox browser it does not freeze for me play all the time. :-\

Adacia

Thx and will try that. I've had the worst problems with canasta as well and have been looking for an excuse to download firefox. Will try it.

SugarBear

I suggest everyone bombard pogo with emails about canasta and we might get it fixed.  I download sun java and canasta works with that but then most of my autos don't work with sun.
Would just be much simplier if pogo would address the problem and they aren't gonna do that unless we bugg the crap outta them.  ;D

philinuk

they have addressed the problem,if u look in pogos help section it has a section saying that there is a problem with canasta with disappearing cards,i did earlier in this post list the answer i recieved from pogo,so hopefully in the next week or so the problem will be fixed.hope that helps u. hagd O0

SugarBear

Quote from: arinh on April 09, 2005, 07:55:05 PM
u can play canasta in the firefox browser it does not freeze for me play all the time. :-\

I downloaded the firefox browser and when I try to get in a pogo game it says: "firefox has performed and illegal operation and will shut down" and it does.  Any suggestions on what I might do?

arinh

sorry you are having problems.you might have to download some plugins try that.

diamonddust

Quote from: dvargo63 on April 08, 2005, 12:55:44 PM
anyone having problems with canasta freezing up during game? It freezes and cards disappear. I tried restating computer and cleaning cache to no avail.
I have had the dissapearing cards in canasta for some time now. I never had the problem before. I too contacted pogo, but they said the same thing that they know about it and blame everything under the sun . But anyways this is what I did to fix it. It may work for some of you also. First I went to the 'Tools' menu in Internet Explorer and choose "Internet Options..."

• Click the 'Advanced' tab and make sure you have the following settings:

Browsing

o Disable script debugging - OFF

Java VM

o Java console enabled (requires restart) - ON

o Java JIT compiler enabled - OFF

o Java logging enabled - OFF
then you have to reboot........It took care of my problems, hope it works for others. In my case the only thing I changed was the java console enabled. Mine was off before.
I NO LONGER have any trouble with canasta.

VolsFan

That's what I did, Diamonddust and I had no more problems.  I was less than 100 red threes from the Canasta Cake Badge and it was DRIVING ME CRAZY.  My java console enabled was set to off as well and as soon as I switched it to on and restarted, it worked fine.  A couple of times after that, it started doing it again, so I checked to see if my jave console was still set to on, and it wasn't so I had to do it over again.  My PC has a mind of it's own.

Kel

StephensGirl

To end all disappearing cards and freezing problems in your canasta you must download Java2 1.4.2_08 (sdk)  Just type it into your search...and d/l it.   the other java is not strong enuf for the graphics in the canasta games...especially the 4 person games. Ive given this out to at least 20 people in pogo and all have messaged me back with great success.  GL ;)

diamonddust

I am glad it worked for you also Kel. You must have that badge by now.

diamonddust

Quote from: StephensGirl on April 24, 2005, 12:40:44 PM
To end all disappearing cards and freezing problems in your canasta you must download Java2 1.4.2_08 (sdk)  Just type it into your search...and d/l it.   the other java is not strong enuf for the graphics in the canasta games...especially the 4 person games. Ive given this out to at least 20 people in pogo and all have messaged me back with great success.  GL ;)

That is also good to know. I don't play anything but the computer robots. And I use the dial up with IE. At least now people will have the option to try both fixes.. Have a great day!

Carly

Another way my cards stop dissapearing was to download a browser called Mozzila firefox or something like that.
It works faster and my cards hasnt dissapearing since I download it.

just-a-cheater

I am one of those people that HATE to download stuff that I am not 100% sure that it wont effect anything else. So What I do when my cards disappear is hit score and when it comes up I close it and my cards just come back, so there is a solution for those of you like me .

philinuk

go to the pogo help page and download the java from there.no spyware, no rubbish,canasta worked perfectly after that.thats what i would recommend

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview