PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:55:45 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Odd Laws : 4 real lol

Started by Adacia,

Previous topic - Next topic

Adacia

Following is a collection of Odd Laws* that go way back in time. Although rarely enforced, many of these laws remain on the books today.

Enjoy!

In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession.
In Philadelphia, you can't put pretzels in bags based on an Act of 1760.
Alaska law says that you can't look at a moose from an airplane.
In Corpus Christie, Texas, it is illegal to raise alligators in your home.
In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.
It is against the law to mispronounce the name of the State of Arkansas in that State.
In Illinois, the law is that a car must be driven with the steering wheel.
California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in a housecoat.
In Memphis, Tennessee, a woman is not to drive a car unless a man warns approaching motorists or pedestrians by walking in front of the car that is being driven.
In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping.
In New York, it is against the law for a blind person to drive an automobile.
In West Virginia, only babies can ride in a baby carriage.
In Georgia, it is against the law to slap a man on the back or front.
A barber is not to advertise prices in the State of Georgia.
In Louisiana, a bill was introduced years ago in the State House of Representatives that fixed a ceiling on haircuts for bald men of 25 cents.
In Oklahoma, no baseball team can hit the ball over the fence or out of a ballpark.
In Rochester, Michigan, the law is that anyone bathing in public must have the bathing suit inspected by a police officer.
In Kentucky, it's the law that a person must take a bath once a year.
In Utah, birds have the right of way on any public highway.
In Ohio, one must have a license to keep a bear.
In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday.
In Virginia, the Code of 1930 has a statute which prohibits corrupt practices or bribery by any person other than political candidates.
In Providence, Rhode Island, it is against the law to jump off a bridge.
In the State of Kansas, you're not allowed to drive a buffalo through a street.
In Florida, it is against the law to put livestock on a school bus.
In New Jersey, cabbage can't be sold on Sunday.
In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal to have a camel run loose in the street.
In North Carolina, it is against the law for dogs and cats to fight.
In Colorado, a pet cat, if loose, must have a tail-light.
In Singapore, it is illegal to chew gum.
In Cleveland, Ohio, it is unlawful to leave chewing gum in public places.
In Virginia, chickens cannot lay eggs before 8:00 a.m., and must be done before 4:00 p.m.
In New York, it is against the law for children to pick up or collect cigarette and cigar butts.
In Massachusetts, it is against the law to put tomatos in clam chowder.
In Washington State, you can't carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length.
In San Francisco, there is an ordinance, which bans the picking up and throwing of used confetti.
In Kentucky, it is illegal for a merchant to force a person into his place of business for the purpose of making a sale.
It is against the law in Connecticut for a man to write love letters to a girl whose mother or father has forbidden the relationship.
In Michigan, married couples must live together or be imprisoned.
In Phoenix, Arizona, you can't walk through a hotel lobby with spurs on.
In California, a law created in 1925 makes it illegal to wiggle while dancing.
In Utah, daylight must be visible between dancing couples.
In Michigan, it is against the law for a lady to lift her skirt more than 6 inches while walking through a mud puddle.
In North Carolina, it is against the law for a rabbit to race down the street.
In Georgia, it's against the law to spread a false rumor.
In West Virginia, one can't cook sauerkraut or cabbage due to the odors and the offence is subject to imprisonment.
In Missouri, a man must have a permit to shave.
The law states that more than 3000 sheep cannot be herded down Hollywood Blvd. at any one time.
In Texas, it is still a "hanging offense" to steal cattle.
In Jackson, Wyoming it is against the law to spit on the sidewalks or in the streets. If you spit on sidewalks or streets in front of a lady and she is offended, you must be arrested and jailed for no more than three days and pay restitution to the woman.

Whiskiegirl30

nushooz

In Seattle, WA it is illegal for a woman to sit on a mans lap without a pillow between them

In Auburn, WA it is Illegal to deflower a woman in city limits even if your married to her.

I remember a few others I'll post them if I find them also

Motley

Quote from: Adric on April 29, 2005, 05:55:48 AM
Following is a collection of Odd Laws* that go way back in time. Although rarely enforced, many of these laws remain on the books today.
Enjoy!
In Michigan, married couples must live together or be imprisoned.

Is there really a difference?   >:D

greendog

In Jasper Alabama it is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.                               It is illegal to play Dominos on Sunday
It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.

IN Arkansas ,,,
A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.

IN Californina it is illegal to set a mousetrap without a hunting licensce

According to State Law in Illinois, it is illegal to speak English. The officially recognized language is "American."

In LAng, Kansas it is illegal to ride a mule down Main Street in August unless the animal is wearing a straw hat.

THis is a topic always overlooked and I love it.....I have hundreds of these odd laws but my great bluegrass state, the dear place that is my home, Kentucky. I love the bathing one time a year law but when i found this law it really made my day.
In kentucky State law stipulates that a person is considered sober until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground."

MonkeyBoy

O0 Love this odd law but have a question?? How do you conceal a 6ft weopan if ur only a 4ft midget hehehe ;D

smiles29

Those are pretty funny.  the Montel williams show does a show every now and then on dumb laws and i just bust a gut laughing but the sad thing is, is that they are real and could be inforced at any time.
here is one that i dont see posted here and if i could find my books i could have a whole bunch more for ya.

In Michingan it is illegal to tie an allegator to a fire hydrant.

smiles29

ty douglas.  that is just way tooooooo cool.

i found one in the netherlands where a friend of mine lives.  here goes (hope i dont get in trouble for posting it).  better be safe than sorry then.  just look under international laws under the netherlands.  mind blowing i think.   ;)

RocknRollGirl

A few of Louisiana's Odd Laws:
1. One could land in jail for up to a year for making a false promise.
2. Every time a person is seriously burned, he must report the injury to the fire marshal.
3. Prisoners who hurt themselves could serve an additional two years in jail.
4. It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
5. Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting someone with your false   
    teeth is "aggravated assault."
6. It is illegal to shoot lasers at police officers.

Those are just a few crazy ones.......hahahaha.

Quote from: Barbara on May 01, 2005, 06:25:37 AM
Are rollerblades okay if the horse is wearing a helmet and knee pads?

And Barb you are a riot and make me laugh all the time.
Bree

sdunkin

I dont think these laws are true......well maybe some of them lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview