PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 02:32:01 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Thought you all might like to read this!!!

Started by HoldemLoser,

Previous topic - Next topic

HoldemLoser

I posted in the help section my complaint about pogo booting me and as a result losing my stake and winnings in texas hold em poker..... These are the responses i got. Each time i get booted i lose whatever i have won. Are they thick or what?

>:D

Customer 04/19/2005 05:18 PM 
Hi. Every time i play texas holdem poker i keep getting booted after a short period of time. this doesnt happen with any other game, but each time it does i lose my winnings and stake. In the last two weeks I have lost around 2 million tokens. I am fed up and unless this problem is fixed I wont be resubscribing to another year with your game server. I am a UK resident, cant win any cash prizes or jackpots and therefore i feel it is unfair that every time i play i lose all these tokens. Please rectify this and reimburse my tokens as soon as possible. My account should show exactly how many i have lost over the last few weeks because of this issue. I have had enough.

Web Browser
  IE 6.x

Subject
Hi. Every time i play texas holdem poker i keep getting booted after a short ...

Discussion Thread
Response (Pogo John) 04/19/2005 05:59 PM
Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Club Pogo Support.

We have researched many claims of lost tokens like this in Texas Hold'em and High Stakes Poker. We will try to explain to you as best we can what is actually occurring.

When you first sit at a table you will see your Stake on the table and the rest of your Tokens in the "Who's Here" list, above the chat. The Stake and Tokens in the "Who's Here" list added together will equal your current Token Balance. While you are playing, the tokens that you post, bet, call, and raise are immediately removed directly from your actual Token Balance. And when you win a pot, those tokens are immediately added to your Token Balance. This means if you leave your seat voluntarily or by being booted your Token Balance already has the tokens from your Stake in it.

Stake + Tokens in the Who's Here list = Token Balance

So, the only tokens you might have to be concerned with losing while playing would be any tokens you might have already placed in the Pot. This is because the tokens in the pot no longer belong to anyone until after a winner is determined. Unfortunately if you leave your seat, whether intentionally or by being booted, tokens you have in the pot are lost and cannot be returned to you. We can only suggest that if you wish to avoid the chance of losing any tokens you place in the pot that you only play in the Just for Fun Rooms. We will not be crediting any tokens that may have been lost due to any technical problems you may have encountered while playing.

Pogo John
Customer Service Representative
Club Pogo

Customer 04/20/2005 07:28 AM 
I know about the tokens in the pot, and losing those, i didnt mean that, i meant the tokens i have beside my rank in the actual game. I have been playing long enough to know about losing whatever i bet in the pot. Quite frankly, your response is unsatisfactory, and i suggest that you have a problem with your server. I get booted off texas hold em every five minutes sometimes, and every time i do, i lose the stake and tokens i have already won and am left with the ones above the chat window where it lists the players. Please sort this out, i dont have this problem with any other game, however texas hold em is my favourite game, and if this continues I will not be resubscribing or recommending your site to anyone else. In fact unless the issue is dealt with properly i will let all my friends know that pogo is unreliable and all you pay for is the luxury of no ad interruptions because obviously i dont get my prize tokens either!!!

KMK92304

I love your response. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to say everything you said.

O0  ;)  O0

HoldemLoser

LOL!!!

Youre very welcome, I am eagerly waiting their reply, which i will post as soon as i get it  ;).

I'm sure they will feed me some previously prepared rubbish, as before. But well, ya gotta try havent you??!
;)

homelessdog

Don't you get the feeling that their tech support team has never played a pogo.com game?! 

HoldemLoser

yeah!!! That and the fact that i have just been booted off again just as i was winning my first hand in ages, and guess what? I lost my stake and my damn winnings!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :'( >:D ::)

HoldemLoser

Just to get back to you all regarding my nice email to pogo about my lost tokens they were doing me out of when they booted me....I FINALLY got a response and i think a satisfactory outcome, its amazing what happens when you talk money and subscription isnt it?  8) O0

Here is a copy of the latest dialogue between them and myself.......

GO ME!!!!  :D ;D

Need help with Club Pogo? Click the 'help' button on any Club Pogo page
Customer 04/22/2005 04:25 PM
Its jrust happened again, just before i showed my winning hand, the game server booted me and i lost both my winnings from the pot and my stake, when i rebooted my tokens showed the same as before, thats another 345,000 tokens i have lost. I am sick of this and i expect to be reimbursed with at least some tokens in the very near future. This doesnt happen with any other game, I want to know why this only happens in texas hold em poker. I was in high stakes by the way. Instead of my tokens showing 700,000 + they are at 392,614. please sort this issue out promptly i am sooo fed up with it.

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Club Pogo Support.

We have reviewed your issue, but were not able to find any conclusive data in regards to your claim. However, we have credited [345,000] Tokens to your account. This is a one-time-only credit to your account; we will not offer this again in the future. We do suggest that if you have ongoing concern about losing tokens that you place in the pot, that you only play in the "Just for Fun" Rooms.

Pogo Pete,
Customer Service Representative
Club Pogo

TexasHoney

Well at least you got something. But I suggest you play in the just for fun room? grrr that would just tick me off again. Good Luck

Buzzman

We commonly call that "Hush Money".  Here take these tokens and don't bother us again.  :P

HoldemLoser

LOL no i dont care if they see it on the site, in fact when they awarded me the tokens i was using an auto which i thought was quite funny. Just goes to show that they cant tell huh?
I am a UK member anyway and therefore not elegible for any cash prizes or otherwise so they wont audit my account unless i claim a prize, but i cant anyway because i'm not entitled,
I agree yes they might know and ban me, i'll deal with that when and if it happens.
Besides i believe that a few others have also lost a similar amount of tokens and were also awarded the same amount as me, which is why i decided to do something about it.
BTW, I just got booted again and again lost my stake and winnings........and as for going to the just for fun rooms well..... nuff said!
:-[

GrumpyBear

Snarechick

I'm sorry, I seemed to have just had an anuerism. :o

Wow, glad to see that someone at Pogo can actually do their job.  I like how your continual problem only results in a one time "fix" by giving you back the tokens their servers stole.

We do suggest that if you have ongoing concern about losing tokens that you place in the pot, that you only play in the "Just for Fun" Rooms.

Another words...Take your tokens and don't bother us again, lol.  Funny how you're restricted to the "Just for Fun" rooms when you're paying to play and paying their sallaries for a job they rarely do.  Maybe we can offer them "Just for Fun" money when our subscriptions come up. :D

-Still shocked to see them give you back some of your tokens-

HoldemLoser

Lol!!

Just shows what a few emails can do specially when you say you wont subscribe no more. to date i have lost around 2 million in this way because of them booting me and i just had enough lol..... Guess ya gotta stand up for your rights huh?

345K is good but is nothing really in comparison to what i lost.

I just had to speak my mind cos basically i am paying for no ad interruptions. :(

RocknRollGirl

RocknRollGirl

Quote from: Barbara on May 01, 2005, 09:29:51 PM
45,000 hands, no badge, sigh!

WOW, I know I have not played that many hands.....wtg Barb and good luck to you.
Bree

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview