Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Wedding Anniversary

Started by Kelly,

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

Ok my hubby just called me from work and he wants to go away this year for our anniversary which is May 28th.It will be our 11th year together.We wanted to go some place last year on our 10th but life was too hectic and with the sale of the house and hubby losing his job it was a big mess.Now he has a great new job and we've moved and are pretty well settled here.... so now heres the dilemma....Mystic Seaport or Niagara Falls???

Both these places are within driving distance and both places I've always wanted to go to but never have yet.....he wants to stay for the weekend at what ever place I decide we should go.Anyone who's ever been to either place.....it would be great to hear about your stay and what's fun to do at these places and/or nice places to dine while there etc. etc.

Thanks for any help. I'm also going to go online and check them both out but I think stories from folks who have been there are better.

1euhlb

I have been to Niagara Falls many times......Very Expensive....and after one night very boring!!!
I would suggest Toronto, stay downtown that will keep all in walking distance. There is China town, Easton Centre, CN tower and the New Olympic Park..there is so much to do and see. The hotels can be pricey so look around, I am a pro at getting great Hotels at Cheap prices so if you decide on that msg me and I can help. If your from the US they offer many perks for our US guests. None the less a great destination, and if your into this kind of thing check out Canada's Wonderland for a day of fun. No lines....and great fun!!

Blhue1

abc123abc

Mystic Seaport is awesome!  The great seaport museum and shops. Also the shops across from the  aquarium are fun to wonder around in.

The Aquarium is awesome, did I saw AWESOME?

Going down further into town is as fun as Newport in my opinion. As well as riding along the ocean.

http://www.mysticseaport.org/

Niagara Falls is amazing to see but terribly expensive, IMO.

Have fun no matter what you do!

Topher

Oh, how romantic!! I'll be married 25 years in Sept. and we're going to see Burning Man in Nevada.  Go for romantic Seaport.
and Congrats on your special day. O0

Motley

I've never been to Niagara Falls but Mystic Seaport I have.  I loved it, it was so calm and charming.  I got to learn to canoe, go whale watching, and learn to tie a knot that is impossible to get out of.  It's been years since I've been there (I think I was twelve at the time) but I've been nagging my husband to go there when the kids get a couple of years older.  I loved the aquarium...darn, wish I could go now.  Well, good luck with whatever you decide.  I'm so jealous right now.   ;D

Topher

Homer offered to babysit all our kids....how sweet.  Thank you Homer!!

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

smiles29

well congrats on your anniversary.  mine is the 23rd of this month and it is only my 3rd anniversary.  yes the fall are very exspensive but nice.  i dont know a thing about the other but have tons of fun with whatever you chose.

Kelly

Thank you all so much for all the input.It's gonna be mystic seaport.....we will do the falls another time.....mystic is closer and less expencive.I can't wait to go now....thanks for the link abc I'm goin to check it out......we are leaving Friday the 27th and coming home on Sunday night....I can't wait to check out the shops...lol.Hubby is letting me go clothes shopping too before we leave....he's the best.....we just got our irs return so he told me to get whatever I want....I'll take pics and post them when we get back...you all are just the best thanks again!!

Happy Anniversary Smiles....Have fun in Nevada Topher it sounds like fun!I'll be sure to check out the aquarium Motley  ;D

Motley

I truly hope you enjoy yourself.  May the weather be beautiful and your trip be safe.   :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview