PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 02:29:06 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Electronic Arts earnings are Down

Started by Capt. Morgan,

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Morgan

This was in todays Washington Post
"Electronic Arts said its fiscal 4th quarter profit fell 91%,to $8 million from $90 million in the comparatable quarter a year earlier. The video game makers revenue fell 8%, to $553 million."

Maybe they will not be in such a hurry to kick out paying club members for running a little auto program.

bobbysbackup

In my opinion, I doubt they'll ever do anything about auto players...  I believe they WANT auto players to come and play and WIN the prizes.  That way, they don't have to pay them out after they hit.  Look at it this way...  If an auto player hits a $4,999 jackpot.  They counter gets set back to $50.  Pogo investigates and finds evidence of auto play.  They'll deny paying, BUT the jackpot stays at $50.

Afterall, if they can find auto players AFTER a jackpot is hit, they could do it BEFORE as well... they just don't want to.  I can go into any room in any game at any time of day, and find someone who's using autos... Pogo *could* do that too... they would simply rather one of those people hit the jackpot so they can reset it, and then not pay.

Bobby
(my first post)   ;D

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Janadra

Speaking of which...check out these stats.

September 23, 2003   $4999.00     Greenback Bayou
August 18, 2003   $4999.00     Vert Skater
December 9, 1999   $525.19 

How odd is that?  Not one JP but three?  Pffffffttttt

bobbysbackup

Yeah, 3 jackpots are hard to believe, but there ARE multiple winners out there... I myself have hit the old EA Sports drawings 6 times for close to $1,000 (man, I miss those drawings.... Pogo got rid of them in March).  My wife hit 2 spinner prizes for small amounts, plus one of the EASO drawings.  This was all without ever using Autos, and Pogo was slow about it, but they were all paid off.

sdunkin

I've been playing for 3 years and I havn't ever one a jp... I think its a joke >:(

charliesowner

Does anyone know if paying members outside USA,  eg UK, ever win jackpots?  I have a strange feeling they cant.

sdunkin

wow i never thought about that, i dont think they would

Agent Jones

That's kind of scary, even if it is litigation expenses driving profits down, club pogo dues could go up to compensate. I really think if it did get that bad, EA could up the subscription price a little without losing very many people - and they probably know that by now.

avs1roy33

Quote from: Agent Jones on May 15, 2005, 07:52:52 AM
That's kind of scary, even if it is litigation expenses driving profits down, club pogo dues could go up to compensate. I really think if it did get that bad, EA could up the subscription price a little without losing very many people - and they probably know that by now.

I thought $30 was steep for subscription...I might not pay more than that. Wait? Who am I kidding? I need club pogo! You are right though, we probably would pay more for pogo. Kind of sad  ;D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview