PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:37:18 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Don't Diss Pogo

Started by avs1roy33,

Previous topic - Next topic

avs1roy33

Have you ever noticed that people always talk bad about pogo? It doesn't matter what happened, pogo is always lazy and stupid. Now I have been upset with pogo many times, but when you think about it, they have a great website and have us all addicted. People always complain that they never win anything, but, with 800,000 Club members and countless normal members, and one prize at a time, not everybody can win. I just received a pogomail about pogo making up names to make us think they are giving away the prizes. Come on now, I know some winners. Anyway, i'm not really complaining, I just think we need to cut pogo some slack.  O0

Carly

You are right. I love pogo and what it has to offer.

sdunkin

Yeah well i think we all do get mad at it, but i gotta say it has to be the best gaming site

Motley

As I was playing Tuesday, someone tried to start an uproar about members winning prizes on guest passes.  This individual wanted everyone to sign a petition protesting that double jackpots should not be made available to anyone who does not pay for the service.  That's not the sad part.  The sad part is, this person admitted to stalking JP winners.  Is it really necessary to follow potential (and I say potential because Pogo likes to giveth and then taketh away) winners?  Are people really that jealous and bored that they must rain on somebody else's good fortune?  When presented these questions, these busybodies claim the same thing, "it's not fair."  It was also pointed out that some of these winners can never found again.  Maybe the answer is simple..they won a good chunk of change, got sick of the JP stalkers and changed their user name.  Well, I wasn't born rich like Paris Hilton but you don't see me crying and complaining about it.  No, half of the problems aren't Pogo's, they are the players.  It's not the fault of Pogo that they announce your name when you win and people follow you around like a lost dog, it's the players who can't learn to pay attention to their own game.  It's not Pogo's fault you get a bunch of garbage in your Message box, it's the fools who feel the need to keep sending these things.  Pogo does have it's faults, as we all do, and we all feel the need to complain about the legitimate ones (their servers being one).  But, if it was so horrendous that we couldn't deal with it then we'd stop paying for it.

:::kicks soap box away:::  

Have a good night all and May the Force Be With You.

avs1roy33

Well said Motley, and thats the letter I got, the one about the fake members winning on guest passes.

Jeffer

Very good points made by all.

I haven't had some of the problems with people on line, but I see the conversations sometime and I can see that a lot of people make their own problems (not referring to you folks).  Some are too quick to add friends from a single chat..  There are some pretty disturbed people out there, and unfortunately, some of them play Pogo games.

Having an "allow" feature for adding someone to their friends list is something that Pogo has to do.  Period. But heck, it's only $30 a year... You gets whats you pay for.

Having said that, I do enjoy the people I meet in this forum and I get a great deal of enjoyment from playing Pogo and getting badges.  It adds a little happiness and fun to busy days where I don't get to get a lot of interaction with others.

smiles29

Very well said all.  yes we get what we pay for.  yes some people are real idiots.  nobody is perfect.  the computers can only do what we program/tell them to do.  the only real problems that i have had on pogo is when thier servers are too busy and i cant get into a game or i get booted.  pogo is a good site and we all must think so otherwise we wouldnt continue to pay for it nor would we keep going back to the site to play games and get together with our friends.  i have made some REALLY good friends on pogo as well as some good friends from this site.  i thankfully  havent got that email as of yet (knock on wood).  but with that sed,  i think i will get back to checking the rest of the posts that i havent read yet.  hagd everyone.

abc123abc

My addition to the pogo wishlist would be the ability to come on undetected on other's friend's list.  Don't we all at times want to just play a game without others, including our friendfamily, etc...  showing up?

Motley

You know, I used to hook up with family and friends on Pogo but it impeded my progress so much that I had to tell them that if I am on Wednesday or in a game with badges, please do not bother me.  If it's an emergency, call me.  If it's not, then wait until I go into a non-badge game to chat.  It may sound rude, but then again, those who know me well know that I am accomodating to others.  My mom is a good example, she is so computer illiterate, she knows how to look things up and use Ebay.  But if she has a problem with an error or something not working, she calls me...she would never dream of coming into Pogo and expecting me to diagnose her problem in chat.  In respect, if she's on Ebay...I leave her alone.  And for those really pesky people who I do not know and still insist on chatting, I give them a "bbl" and switch to my husband's account.

rhino

I have a question but before i ask i would also like to say that it does get annoying,especially when you are trying to get a badge..your friends or family pop in the room and start jibber jabbering. A nice inviso button would be next. Ok my question,why do people stalk JP winners???

Capt. Morgan

Pogo created this jackpot stalking by posting every winner in everybodys chat area.
I do not care who won a $5 or $20 prize, and I personally would only like to know who won the big jackpot if they happened to be in the same room as myself.
If they adopted where you need the other persons permission to add to friends list like previously posted ,this stalking would go away.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview