PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 03:59:36 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Look what my wife *almost* won

Started by bobbysbackup,

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbysbackup

My wife was playing Double Dueces poker this evening... look how close she came to hitting the jackpot:

Too bad they weren't in the right order!

Jeffer

Dang.  I have to say I've never seen one that close.

smiles29

WOW!!!!!!!!!  that is really close. 

from my understanding i dont think it matters what order its in, but it does all have to be a royal flush and spell it out.  i could be wrong, but i dont know.  good luck though.  O0

Jeffer

The Royal has to be sequential (10,J,Q,K,A) and in spades and all the cards need the "JACKPOT" printing on them.
Only Pogo knows how often the Video Poker deals a spade card with a JP on it.

I'd guess the odds of hitting the jp are in the tens of millions to one.

smiles29

Jeffer

You all realize I'm going to sit down on a slow afternoon and work it out.... 8)

bobbysbackup

Yep, Jeffer is right.  But, that doesn't stop me from playing Video Poker....  I'm pretty good at it, and follow basic video poker strategy when playing, BUT, I always  disregard that policy if ANY of the jackpot cards are in their proper location.

If remember my college statistics from way back, I would imagine the odds of hitting the jackpot would be 1:(52*51*50*49*48*2*2*2*2*2) or 1 chance out of 9,980,006,400.  The *2's in there are because each royal spade card has a 50:50 chance of being a jackpot card.  So, basically you have a 1 in 10 BILLION chance of winning the video poker jackpot (IF I've done my math right...) on the first spin... then, it would get much more complicated to figure out the odds on the redeal (and I don't feel like calculating it at 2:00am at night!)  But, it would still be a huge number.  And you thought the Mega Millions lottery was tough  and it's odds are *only* 1:135,145,920...  AND you win MILLIONS there, and not the measly $4,999 max that Pogo gives you!

Jeffer

Your math is right.  You obviously paid attention in your college stats classes.

I could write quite a bit about Video Poker Odds.  But I'll just say I know some people who do this stuff for a living, and it's harder that it looks when you take draws into account.  I'll ask them early next week. 

pogoisevil

Well, no jackpot (bummer) :-[ .....but congrats to yer wife on winning the 10K tokies!! O0

Jeffer

OK.  the number I've initially came up with is 1,024,000,000 to one.  Better odds than bobby's number but still not good.....

1.01 percent of Royal flushes are sequential.  Then adding in it has to be in spades and bobby's multiplier and you get this number.  More or less.  I'd try to get a more accurate number but when you get past a billion who really cares???

avs1roy33

well, someone wins those poker jackpots....the jackpot right now is only $740.

smiles29

ya'll "mathletes"  like to take all the fun out of things huh ?     ???

smiles29

Jeffer

Hey I bought $20 in powerball tickets yesterday...

If you don't play the odds are 0.  ;D

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Jeffer

$0.  ::)

Although, I'm sure I got $20 in entertainment thinking about what I'd do with the money.

I'd make a really good millionaire.  8)

smiles29

Jeffer

I just noticed that.

The numbers I got off the fortune cookies did zilch on Wednesday.

I should get my money back from PF Changs....

Good luck to everyone!!

sdunkin

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview