PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 06:54:11 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

jackpot spins and tokens

Started by TM6676,

Previous topic - Next topic

TM6676

Did you know that the jackpot spins are pre determined before you spin?  I was playing a game with my husband in the same room, two different computers and as soon as I said I get a spin, he told me what I was going to get before the spinner came up.  It is posted on the bottom of the screen for others to see before you spin it. 

For all of you who thought you would get lucky with a jackpot spin, think again.  It isn't random!

Motley

From the illustrious Pogo Help Section:

If the tokens you get from the spinner are being added before the spinner is done 'spinning', it's because there's been a delay between the time when the game pulls up the random results of the spinner, and when it actually displays the image to you for that amount inside the jackpot spinner.

When you get a Jackpot spin, the game sends a signal to the game server saying, "Give this person a Jackpot Spin". The game starts the 'spinner' animation (which is what you see) and waits for the game server to respond with the results of the random spinner. The result is just a number. 99% of the time, the game is able to show you the graphic for that amount (say, 100 tokens) and THEN add them to your total. Sometimes, however, connection lag causes those steps get reversed, and it adds the tokens BEFORE the results can be displayed where you see them.

In these cases, the results of your Jackpot Spin are still random (and they are still recorded), the results just get processed in the wrong order.

Betty Boop

yeah and i have some lovely swamp land in Yuma Az that I can give ya too...Seems like Pogo has an answer for everything...what a crock....

christina

excuse me......*bwahahahaha!!!!!!* I feel better now. What a load of.......ahem. I have noticed this for a long looooong time. When I play Lottso, or other games, the tokens next to my name where it shows who is in the room change before the tokens in the upper corner change. I have noticed this in Poppit as well. And when I play World Class Solitaire, if I get a high score, it shows up in the chat window before the spinner stops. Even IF what Pogo says is true, about the lag, it happens an awful lot more than 1% of the time to me. I think they probably have it set up like slot machines. The chips inside slot machines are programmed to hit x number of times, or however they do it. I don't think for one second that hitting a JP is any more random than the token that are given out in the JP spin.

behindmymonitor

Just look at it this way......you will see you have won the JP before actually spinning for it  :P
Quite frankly all the tedious moaning and groaning about how Pogo is run and fake winners
is wearing thin and no one forces you to play Pogo so quit groaning or find another games site.
If this offends anyone , that's life , the truth hurts!

christina

I didn't mean to offend behind. I was just pointing out the fact that this has happened to me for as long as I can remember. Honestly, you're right. If people don't like the way things go, they don't have to play. On the other hand, if I pay to play these games, I expect certain things. I understand that sometimes it's hard to fix everything that's wrong. And I think alot of people would be more understanding if the whole thing was free. Granted, no one is forcing anybody to pay to play these games. But there are certain bugs and things that you would expect to be fixed, instead of having Pogo always come up with what they believe is a good reason for the problems. Sometimes it is a valid reason, and other times it seems to be a thrown together response to make everyone happy. Pogo is a great site to go to and play alot of different games and make friends. There are things that could be handled better, but then that's life. There is always something that could be done better. Nothing is ever perfect. So I am sorry.

nascar fan

bettyboop, are you from yuma, just wandering, i lived there for 4 years. ;D

Jeffer

From the Pogo help site...

The criteria for getting the jackpot spin are different in each game. You can refer to "How to Play" section of each game in this regard. Please be aware that jackpot spins on Pogo are won randomly and the odds for each games Jackpot are intended to be payout about the same over time. But overall it is only a matter of a sheer luck or chance that a member is able to hit the jackpot.

The number of people who enter the drawing, and the number of tickets they enter, vary greatly each day, week or month. So there's really no reliable way to calculate the odds up front. The odds for the daily drawing might be pretty good one day, and pretty bad another. There's just no way to know since people can enter any drawing they want at any time.

Random is a funny concept.  Slot machines are regulated to be "random" within a certain level, and are tested by a one of two regulatory agencies.  They are tested by having their math checked by experts in the field and also by being played by "autos" for tens of millions of decisions.

But Pogo isn't a gambling site (if they were they wouldn't be legal).  They are a site that offers contests.  And contests have entirely different rules.  They aren't checked by these agencies, and honestly can't be, because the means of winning are entirely different.

Just some brief comments.  Pogo is no more rigged than a contest ran by a cereal company.  People may claim that they are, but they have far more to lose than to win by doing so.

Betty Boop

no im from phoenix.....for 27 years via ohio for the first 20....omg that means im 47 this sat........boo hoo hoo hoo :'(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview