Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

posting a "screen shot"

Started by smiles29,

Previous topic - Next topic

smiles29

ok.  i have a slight delema and im hoping that one of the computer programmers can help (or anyone else who can assist). 
we have a website we are setting up.  we are trying to post it on a auto surf site to get our site out in the public's eye.  the pic of our homepage has to be a certain size in order to be placed.  we try to do a screen shot but it saves it as a html file and it needs to be in a .jpg file. 

my question is this:  how do we save a pic of the homepage as a .jpg file and take it from 122kb to 100kb size?
any and all help is greatly appreciated.  thank you in advance.

smiles29

i cant use paint shop pro.  any other suggestions?

smiles29

we had the trial version and my brother didnt know it and used up all the time and we dont have the 45 bux to pay for it rite now.   :'( :'(

smiles29

ok.  i guess we could do that.  i just didnt want to put alot of stuff on my laptop but to be honest,  we hadnt even thought about that lol.  but we will try that.  thank you barbara  :).

btw.  any suggestions on my other question/post?

Motley

Best I can tell you, is do a screen shot of the page.  Paste into your Paint program, fiddle with the sizing and then when you choose Save As, you can change it to any format you want.  This has always worked for me.

underdog

This is what I use to make a screen capture and you can save it in any format you want. Its also freeware.
I captured this page as a jpg as you can see below.
  Print Key 2000

smiles29

ahhhhhhhhh.  ok. ty motley.  we will try that b4 doing paint pro shop on my laptop.  ;D

smiles29

Quote from: Barbara on May 27, 2005, 09:24:10 AM
Quote from: smiles29 on May 27, 2005, 09:20:39 AM
ok.  i guess we could do that.  i just didnt want to put alot of stuff on my laptop but to be honest,  we hadnt even thought about that lol.  but we will try that.  thank you barbara  :).

btw.  any suggestions on my other question/post?
Suggestion about what question?

topic 10722.  its under this topic on the off topic category.

smiles29

ty underdog. 

we will try those suggestions and let you all know if anything worked.

smiles29

Quote from: Barbara on May 27, 2005, 09:32:28 AM
You lost me here. What is the question? I can't find it?

i got something for badgehelposcar.  that is the post heading.  its in the off topic category of forum and is found right underneath this topic.

smiles29

ok.  the second half of my question on this subject is how do i shrink the size of the file from 122 kb to 100 kb without altering the file of the website pic we are trying to post?

smiles29

as far as his sn for messenger im fully aware of that,  but i was wondering if there was a way for me to take it from there and send it to him in a pm on here?.

underdog

There is also a little tool called Five Clicks.  You can zero in on an image and capture it. It's not free though.

smiles29

underdog

Quote from: smiles29 on May 27, 2005, 09:37:34 AM
ok. the second half of my question on this subject is how do i shrink the size of the file from 122 kb to 100 kb without altering the file of the website pic we are trying to post?

I do that by lowering the compression quality settings.  It will shrink the file size without changing the size of the file.  You may lose some image quality but for 22kb I don't think you will even notice.

I use Adobe CS and this is how you set the compression quality settings.

PS :  If you like, send me the image and I will shrink it for you.

smiles29

tysvm underdog.  we will try that in a little while coz we gotta head out now and pay some bills  :( :-\.  but i will be sure to let everyone know how it works out. 

smiles29

TYSVM  underdog.  that print key 2000 worked like a charm.  it did the trick.  i cant thank you enough.   O0

underdog

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview