Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Did you...

Started by JeffCoKid,

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffCoKid

Get all your clocks set ahead?

Boy howdy I was already behind in sleep.... may as well add another hour to is lol.

::)

kotraquin

JeffCoKid

Didnt know you were in AZ... I know AZ and Hawaii dont have to do that stuff...

Why dont get just leave it the way it is right now lol... I love the daylight hotness LMAO

Homer

I agree. They should leave it this way. :D

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

JeffCoKid

They should put that on the ballots this year and let us vote

Homer

You know I think that if it were daylight out longer it would even help lower the crime rate.

JeffCoKid

and, well... it would be better for those who cant drive too well anytime, but especially at night

fatkid

If I remember correctly it has to do with energy conservation... And there is some math formula for showing that it isn't as effective during the winter months.  Oh wait... I found the link... Here we go... Official proof...

"In the winter, the afternoon Daylight Saving Time advantage is offset by the morning's need for more lighting. In spring and fall, the advantage is less than one hour. So, Daylight Saving Time saves energy for lighting in all seasons of the year except for the four darkest months of the year (November, December, January and February) when the afternoon advantage is offset by the need for lighting because of late sunrise."

http://www.energy.ca.gov/daylightsaving.html

JeffCoKid

And that just sounds like BS to me.... I seriously dont understand it.

ImRicherThanUAll

kotraquin

Quote from: a_playa on April 05, 2004, 06:37:33 PM
WW1 is the time they started using it
I think WW 1 is over :P

I think they keep it to remind us to change our batteries in smoke detectors.

on a different note does Europe/Asia use it at all?

fatkid

Quote from: Kayo on April 05, 2004, 07:29:36 PM
I think they keep it to remind us to change our batteries in smoke detectors.

WTF?!  What do smoke detectors have to do with day light savings... It's all about energy conservation...

Homer

They just use it as a reminder to change your batteries. Which isn't a bad idea. ;)

Element

ok call me slow but i dont get it, what does changing back the time have to do with batteries  ???

Homer

The fire departments use DST as a reminder to change the batteries in your smoke alarms. They recommend you change the batteries twice a year. ;)

Element

ahh i see thanks john  :P i dont have a smoke alarm anyway lol

Homer

I recommend one. It saved my life once. I fell asleep while I had something in the broiler and next thing I knew the alarm went off and smoke had filled my house. :o

fatkid

Yeah... I must agree... Much love to the smoke alarms... My house burned down with I was in 10th grade, but because of the smoke alarm all were safe, pets included...  :)

badcrazygirl

yeah i agree you should always have at least 2 fire alarms so you can hear it incase of fire and smoke.

Element

oh well none of my family members houses have ever caught fire and im just one of those people that say "its not going to happen to me" lol so i doubt im ever going to get an alarm  :-\

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview