This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pet peeves

Started by kotraquin,

Previous topic - Next topic

kotraquin

one of mine is when your at a stop light and you hear other people music from their cars.  >:(

JeffCoKid

pointless posts in forums...

ie: lol

lmao

haha

ok

ronandamee1

JeffCoKid

Quote from: Kayo on April 05, 2004, 07:31:41 PM
one of mine is when your at a stop light and you hear other people music from their cars.  >:(

You must hate me..... But worse than hearing someone else's music is the drivers themselves... Goodness there are some bad ones out there.

fatkid

Guilty on all accounts of playing my music loud...
But you know what...
I don't care  ;)
I payed $1400 to have a bitchin' sound system installed.. And dangit... That's what I want to listen to...  :P

fatkid

Uggg... I know how you handle things in the country... Crazy perverts...

fatkid

BTW Dj wanna hook me up with another ClubP pass if ya got one?

Element

Homer

Quote from: JeffCoKid on April 05, 2004, 08:34:45 PM
pointless posts in forums...

ie: lol

lmao

haha

ok

Agreed. I bet I could find 20-25 posts a day with just what you mention. ::)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

kotraquin

another one of mine people yapping away loudly on cell phones in restaurants and your trying to eat

Homer

How about people who drive while talking on their cell phone? If it's that damn important pull over. I once heard a woman screaming at her husband on the cell while driving. She was really mad and was not paying attention to the road. I think cell phones should be banned in cars among other things. The other day a truck went off of I-95 because the truck driver was reaching for his stinking phone. >:(

Element

people shouldnt EVER take their eyes off the road and if they do and get in a crash well then too bad for them but now as phones being banned from being allowed in cars would be as dumb as the "must wear your seatbelt law" and nobody would follow it anyway  ::)

Homer

Quote from: SkY on April 06, 2004, 04:58:31 PM
people shouldnt EVER take their eyes off the road and if they do and get in a crash well then too bad for them but now as phones being banned from being allowed in cars would be as dumb as the "must wear your seatbelt law" and nobody would follow it anyway  ::)

Easy for you to say, well too bad for them. Well what about the people they injure? Is it too bad for them? It is different with the seatbelt law. If you choose not to wear one you pay the ultimate price. Because no one would follow the rule is not a good enough reason not to have the rule. Is it really too much to ask people to pull over if they need to make a phone call. Is it really necessary for people to answer their phone the instant it rings. Most phones have voice mail. Let the voice mail answer your phone until such time that you can pull over to safely make your call. This will never happen because of one reason. Corporate America is so deep in the pockets of today's politicians that such a law would never be passed unless of course say it happened to one of the President's kids. Then watch how fast it goes into law.

Homer

Quote from: DJ on April 06, 2004, 05:19:27 PM
I don't even have a cell phone, but here is my opinion.
I agree with John on banning phones in the car, here is the problem though. If you ban phones you'd have to ban radios, eating, basically anything that is distracting while driving. In a few states you can use only hands free phones but I really don't see how that is any different. You still have to push at least 1 button to dial or answer the phone, those laws are just there to make the people happy.

The law needs to crack down on DUI much harder, you get caught for the 1st time, you lose your licence, go to prison for 1 year and your car gets confiscated and auction off. What is done now is a f***ing joke and innocent people get killed because of f***ing idiots like that, and all the courts do is take the licence send you to a class and that's it.
I say it's NOT enough!
Sorry about the language, but I hate people that drink and drive or use drugs and drive. Yes I HATE 'em!!
I wonder if I could win an election with that?!  ::)

I feel better now, now that I vented LOL

You make some valid points DJ but it needs to start somewhere. I agree with your views on DUI. The laws simply are not tough enough. DUI is unexcusable. Take a cab already.

Driving is a privilege not a right.

Element

Dont get too serious on me jeez lol

im too tired an not in the mood to get bent outta shap over rules and laws lol my opinions not going to do anything anyway so whats it matter..but comon guys Keep Alive and Drive 95! lol  :P

Element

well im too lazy to try an make my opinion count anyways... ::)  

kotraquin

QuoteI wonder if I could win an election with that?!  
I'd vote for you  :D

fatkid

Gotta disagree on the whole my opinion counts... I'd love to thank G-Dubbwa for that... You can thank the Patriot Act, the Freedom Act, and the Patriot 2 Act... Now your opinion doesn't matter... Why?  Because you don't have freedom... We all know my crazy views on government, but as long as Dubbwa is in the office I'm stickin' to my guns... But I do think you should vote no matter what... I figure if you don't vote, you have no right to bitch about what's going on... I think if real changes need to happen what has to be fixed first is campaign finance laws... There are just too many vested interests in the government right now... Like Dick Chaney and all the big corps (Halliburton, Lockheed Martin) he used to work for, and how now after the war is "over" they always some how magically win the bidding to rebuild (ie rape the oil industry in) Iraq...

DJ --
Yeah... I went to high school in Nashville... Had a big off-road jeep... I know all about the gun racks... Had 3 friends that had the old beat-up pickup trucks with gun racks in the back...

"She got me a gun rack for my birthday... I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns, that would necessitate a gun rack."

badcrazygirl

i agree, and i would vote if i could but i'm underage lol

kotraquin

Quote from: DJ on April 07, 2004, 04:26:24 PM
"G-Dubbwa" will be gone by next time this year, we can only hope that a smart person gets elected this time.
Well I don't know looky here

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview