PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:19:35 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pogo terms of service

Started by rookie3,

Previous topic - Next topic

rookie3

This is copied from thier t.o.s is this right?

"User's Computer Information.
When you connect to EA Online, we may retrieve information from the computer used to log onto the Service about the computer's hardware system and any data related to the computer's operation of EA Online Software. We will not collect any personal information about you, however, without your knowledge and consent as stated in our Privacy Policy. "

Can they legally do this?

and this  is from the privacy policy.
"Whatever the purpose may be, we will only collect information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and our legitimate business objectives."

Just what are they collecting? Thats what I want to know!!!

Homer

Why don't you email them and ask? They can pretty much do whatever they want once you accept their TOS.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

texasholdem

If you agreed toa TOS in 2003 then they change it in 2004, Does that apply to you also?

admin

Yes, it still applys to you.

They probably have something in it that says "We reserve the right to change this agreement at any time" or something like that.

fatkid

If you want to know what is going in and out of your computer just put up a firewall... It tells you when programs try to send info out of your computer and you can block the program from doing so...  If you want even more control over what goes in and out just get a packet sniffer.  With the sniffer you can actually analyze the incoming and outgoing data...

badcrazygirl

dont you need permission from the owner first to make it legal?

admin

If you agree to their TOS, which you need to do when you sign up, you're giving them permission.

ImRicherThanUAll

Oo0oONoDaTaOo0oO

bob@pogopal

Those are CYA terms. Your IP address is information about the hardware in your computer, and Pogo cannot communicate with your computer without that address.

While I don't know all the specific limitations on the java virtual machine, Pogo might also have the ability to query your hardware for capabilities like the number of colors your display can show or the size of your screen.

Your browser communicates some information to every website you visit.

Don't sweat it--it's no big deal. If you want to see the sort of information your browser willingly gives up, I think anonymizer.com has something that will show you, but I am too lazy to verify that right now.

ImRicherThanUAll

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview