PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 07:30:41 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Exclusive for PogoCheat members FREECELL alpha version 1

Started by BadgeHelpOscar,

Previous topic - Next topic

Element

Element

Hey DJ ol buddy ol pal, you know since playa supposedly deleted the beta 5 you gave him *Caugh*yea rite!*Caugh* lmao  ;D can you send me a copy too  8) i'll PM you with me e-mail  8)   Thanks SkY

Element

Yup, its version 5 DJ..now the "News box" (upper right hand corner) also says beta 5 but befor it said beta 1  :-\ and now when i click there to download it, it now does give me beta 5 hmm musta updated the link  ???

Element

hey, for the finale version can guys program in so that when it messes up or just loses on a game that it will click on "replay hand" instead of new game because i would like to keep my good percentage (as im sure others would) and as for it replaying a hand thats "unbeatable" people wouldnt have to worry about that too much because its only gonna happen what once every 10,000 games, or so. Please just consider this option and let me know what you think  8) Thanks Again SkY

bob@pogopal

Element,

To answer your question, the password for a computer activates the registration for all versions of the software. Worst case is you might have to re-enter the password when you upgrade to a new version.

Unlike many software companies, we do not charge for upgrades. Once you register a product, you can always download the latest version and use it with your existing password.

bob@pogopal

Once I have the final solver and I know what it is capable of, I will decide when to restart and when to move on to a new game.

Mayhem

We're working on the known problems that bob has submitted to us .. will have an update soon.

Once those are solved, we'll be attempting to make a complete new engine for freecell.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

bob@pogopal

Everyone,

The solver we have does, indeed, solve the game before the auto starts making moves. However, the original author of the solver was only interested in identifying insolvable hands. He has a comment in the code that a 'depth first' search is fast enough. Even when the solution takes 600 mostly useless moves, the solver we have could evaluate 10's of thousands of hands in a minute, which is plenty fast if you are not waiting for some animated game to catch up to you.

When you run Beta 6, you will see up front approximately how many moves the solution will take and how far along the auto is in the sequence of moves.

While it would be great if Mayhem delivers a solver that minimizes the moves, I will be happy with a solver that takes 600 mostly useless moves but runs all hands on auto without disruption.

Maelstrom

Hmm, interesting. Perhaps your solver could solve the game on the first solution it comes up with. Then just have an option, to search more and try and beat it in less moves if possible with a Changeable Timer. All being done automatically of course.
The way I see it, there's more than 1 way to beat a particular hand. The same goes for Poppit. If there were only one way to beat a puzzle, no one would play it.

$15 isn't much for a program. Given pogopal isn't your average million dollar company, they have to make a small profit to stay in business. Credit's given where it's due, and if no one had helped make the program it wouldn't be here.

BadgeHelpOscar

Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

Bizach0620

gyrospinner

Mayhem

Beta 6 is now available on pogopal.com

We attempted to fix the problems with the solver and oddly enough, it created new problems and solved even less puzzles.

So with that being said .. a completely new solver is now in the works.

Will let you know when a beta is ready to go.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

techguy722

Beta 4 seemed to work best for me out of all of them.. still got stuck occasionally but the best working one yet (for me anyways)

Element

Quote from: bob@pogopal on April 16, 2004, 10:54:20 PM
Element,

To answer your question, the password for a computer activates the registration for all versions of the software. Worst case is you might have to re-enter the password when you upgrade to a new version.

Yea thats pretty nice! when i downloaded Beta 6 i didnt have to do nothing it was already registered  8)

Maelstrom

Beta 6 is looking nicely. I see pogopal's added a card counter for every game it reads. Awesome!

I know you guys would rather accept a error report from me, but I would just like to note something I've have trouble with ever since the first alpha. The program still has trouble, at times, moving Free cell cards to a column or moving one card column-to-column. It's nice to know that there's less of 'it' in Beta 6, but I hope it will be fixed soon. It does not have trouble moving free cell cards or cards in a column to the Foundation, that is a big plus. It's only random that this occurs, but I've tried it with different play speeds and the 'sticky comp' option and will still have troubles. I am thinking it's the mouse co-ordinates that might be the culprit, am not 100% sure.

I'm not giving my hopes up, but if that's fixed before the final release I won't send another report. Seriously, it almost plays too good to be true.

bob@pogopal

Nope, it's related to an 'heuristic optimization' in the solver. I have a workaround to the most common problem. I just have not had time to implement it yet.

At the same time, I believe Mayhem is looking into replacing the solver with one that might not have this artifact. One way or another we will solve the problem.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview