PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 07:34:27 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Exclusive for PogoCheat members FREECELL alpha version 1

Started by BadgeHelpOscar,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Just got word tonight that the new solver is comming along nicely .. hopefully will have something soon for you guys.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

SoaringUSAEagle

Thanks for the updates Mayhem

The only thing I notice with beta 6... is the number of moves doesnt seem to be too accurate... unless pogo is the actual [roblem for that and cant count themselves which wouldnt surprise me.

Beta 6 has worked the best and for the longest period of time.

Nice job.   ;D

bob@pogopal

The count displayed includes some spurious moves the auto skips over, ignores or combines into a single move. The game does not count those moves.

I added the count display to reassure our users the solver believes it has a solution even when it spends the middle five hundred moves moving three cards from column to column and back again. Some people were assuming it would continue doing that forever when they saw it in passing.

Mayhem

ImRicherThanUAll

Mayhem can u move that to a different subject ......... this is freecell

bob@pogopal

Hey Mayhem!

It's not. A neighbour who has harassed me in the past started at it again on sunday. It has been very upsetting and I have been busy meeting with lawyers etc. Tomorrow, I will be busy refinancing the house to fund the litigation.

I have not had much sleep the past couple nights and I need lots of sleep to properly concentrate on the code. I can barely keep my eyes open now so hopefully I will get some sleep tonight.

Believe me, as soon as I get the last couple defects fixed, I will release the update.

Element

Thats ok Bob i dont mind you taking a break, but please just dont Quit on us lol  ;D  :P

bob@pogopal

Element: Don't worry. I am in for the long haul, and I am not going anywhere.

DJ: I have created all of my most pernicious bugs while coding without adequate rest. It always leads to the "What the heck was I thinking?" syndrome. lol

ImRicherThanUAll

Thank You Bob!

Have been waitin lol i hate baby sittin the darn auto but have gotten pritty far still with it .. Gj with it..

Mayhem

Freecell update ...

Just sent bob the new freecell solving engine. We were able to do it in Visual Basic 6 this time. My friend says it looks great!

Sorry to hear about your problems Bob .. hope things work out for you!

Eagerly await your thoughts on the new solver!  ;D

bob@pogopal

Got it. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. [...he types yawning uncontrollably.]

Mayhem

since the solver is in Visual Basic 6 now .. any chance of incorperating the reader and solver into 1 file? (or is it too early to tell)

bob@pogopal

Hey Mayhem,

The project you sent me has the solver in a separate executable launched through a batch file. I don't see any source code for the solver.

Mayhem

Doesn't look like the new solver is going to work out. (too many files or something)

I'll see if my friend wants to convert the new solver to a .dll .. dont know if he's freecell'd out yet or not.

You'll be the first to know if something comes up.

Mayhem

a .dll is in the works for the latest solver i have submitted to bob.

will have an ETA in a day or 2 for completion

Mayhem

I just sent the new .dll solver to pogopal.

We feel this one will be a real champ ..

Bob will have to make some slight modifications to the reader in order for it to work.

So please be patient, i think bob is working on another update atm.

Secondly, I'd like to apologize to pogopal and bob for the long delays and any undo stress over this project. (mainly caused by me)

Homer

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. ;) I'm sure it will be worth the wait. :)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Element

Mayhem

SoaringUSAEagle

So we are looking at another week or two and it should be roaring and ready to go?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview