PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 09:27:08 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Exclusive for PogoCheat members FREECELL alpha version 1

Started by BadgeHelpOscar,

Previous topic - Next topic

Barret

Well I don't know about the alphas. They don't work on normal pogo for her so she uses the beta. 2 computer, shareware goes up, I guess that's to make up for the times we couldn't use them haha. Either way, I'm happy. Rather it do that to her than me anyway.

Element

what OS's (operating systems, XP, ME, 98 ect.. ) are they working on?  ???

Barret

Same OS I'm using. Both of her computers are running XP Pro. Don't know what her computer does, but it's weird...and good lol.

Element

hmm,  i dont know what it could be cause i got an xp pro. too and none of thats happening on mine lol too bad though ;D

ImRicherThanUAll

Mayhem

Yea .. it's really weird how it runs fine on some peoples computers and not at all on others.

Currently it solves 73% on mine .. litterally no lock ups at all.

We are currently looking at either :

A) Do a major fix on the current engine (if its even possible)

B) Modify a complete new engine.

We might end up doing option B .. not to worry tho. Shouldn't take us that long since we already know what needs to be done. (doing once before already sure helps)

Will keep you posted.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Element

Hey playa i found that i do have Aplha 1 still...i'll give it to ya if you can use it  8)

ImRicherThanUAll

fatkid

Hey Mayhem just curious on the engine for yall... Did you guys ever consider making it "think" it's way through the game before it starts to play?  It seems to me from the betas and alphas that it really only thinks ahead one card move... So the whole game through it will only ever move 1 card at a time... It sure could finish a lot of games a lot faster if it played the top four slots and other open stacks as more than just a 1 card move...  Errr wait... I might have just dissproved this in my mind... If the slots are open the game will just move the cards really fast for you if you try to move a stack of say 5... So maybe in my thinking, the engine instead of having the pogo game engine make all those moves for you, it instead just does all the moves itself...  So it seems like this is almost a brute force approach on the cards... It seems to go through every possible move it really has at that time and trys it to see what opens up... Maybe that is just a much easier program than having it try to solve the puzzle from the start... Never thought of a brute force on the freecell... But it seems to work great... Just some ideas I was throwing out there...

Mayhem

The way it works now .. yea it basically brute forces it way through and see what opens up. (i wasn't aware of this till quite recently)

On the downside, doing things this way seems to be causing us much grief.

So with that being said .. we are most likely going to use a completely new solver that will "think things through first" then solve (almost like what BubbleBuster does).

That will solve the problem of not being able to start the auto half way thru the game + fix a bunch of other minor things.

fatkid

Thinking it through first though just seems like it would require a MUCH bigger engine, unless it was brute-force thinking it's way through (much like bubble buster)... To make a truely "smart" program though seems like that would be a lot more work than it would be worth... Maybe making the program work like bubblebuster but just only stop thinking when it has all cards solved is a much easier approach to it... The other thing to, that might help to take into account is that you don't have to get all the cards on the Aces, only have them all showing... Might add a short cut or two in the programming in that you can move the cards around enough so that all the lowest cards of the deck are accessable, then the game auto-finishes for ya...

ImRicherThanUAll

cheat2win22042

I,m using beta 4 now an it is solving about 98% of my games with out struggle and the 2% of the time it hangs up i just click on the card that it has highlighted and it goes right back to work I cant wait to see the full version when it is resleased... Keep up the good work ;D ;D ;D

Mayhem

Mustang

Yea something about this needs to be changed.  It did ok for the first game... I dont really like the way it goes card by card.  I like the idea of the solver before it actually plays... I hope that works.  Right now it is just going around in circles... moving the same dang cards around.

Not trying to be mean... I love the auto and am happy to see it after years and years, but it could use some work.   ;D

Element

Quote from: JeffCoKid on April 15, 2004, 07:49:02 PM
Right now it is just going around in circles... moving the same dang cards around.

thats the same things it keeps doing to me.The auto finishes the games but it does it at 200 - 300 moves lol... at least we got something to mess around with now lol  ;D Im not tryin to demand anything but could you please hurry, cause my sharware is gettin low  ;) Keep up the good work!

Mustang

Quote from: DJ on April 16, 2004, 01:07:30 AM
Quote from: Element on April 15, 2004, 08:07:43 PM
Quote from: JeffCoKid on April 15, 2004, 07:49:02 PM
Right now it is just going around in circles... moving the same dang cards around.

.................... Im not tryin to demand anything but could you please hurry, cause my sharware is gettin low  ;) Keep up the good work!
Why don't you give Oscar your registration code, you 1 of the lucky ones that get for free.  ;)

I will wait for Oscar to make that decision as it really doesnt matter to me.  It seemed to work fine last night after I switched rooms.  It played one game in 86 moves.  Its working fine.  I dont know what was up with that string of games in that one room tho.

Element

Quote from: DJ on April 16, 2004, 01:07:30 AM
Why don't you give Oscar your registration code, you're 1 of the lucky ones that get for free.  ;)

i asked a while back if i could get thses betas free and the finale version too (but if i could only have one i would rather have the finale version) but nobody ever said anything...i guess i'll ask mayhem or pogopal in a PM, when they get back on  ???

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview