Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pogo lingo

Started by hereatic555,

Previous topic - Next topic

hereatic555

i have been around pogo alot and i must say out of all the pogo "lingo" yeppers is the most annoying word ever. what do u think is the most annoying word and why6

Motley

I wouldn't say I have a most annoying word, but I won't help anyone who butchers the language.  I'm not talking about the ones whose second language is english.  I'm talking about the people who use so much slang in their question that I would need a translator to figure it out. 

Adacia

Maybe I should consider myself lucky. I have never heard lingo.
   I personally think the emoticons are the most agrivating if any. This applies to those who decide to play emoticon domination rather than the game provided. When this happens I turn off chat in the catch of a bonus squelchie.
   What would be a new and good trend of 'lol'?

I like 'lay' .....laughing at you
          'wntg' ---- way not to go
          'tttc' ----- too tired to care
          'dds' ----dice derby sucks :-X

Ya'll get the gist. Lingo on
                               Þ

rhino

I cannot remember all the letters but the most annoying to me is when people throw so many letters up there is looks like the alphabet all jumbled up.You practically need an inspecter Gadget decoder ring to translate what they mean. Can't we just say hi or hello and get it over with.

clayton1966

you mean rotflmao? That one's easy. Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A** Off.

Douglas

Since you asked, people that use idiot-speak or dumb-speak because they're too lazy to use the Queen's English.  And this isn't applicable to JUST pogo, but everywhere on the internet, or even on notes passed back and forth in classes.

I mean, come on... are you really that pathetically lazy that you cannot type a few extra keystrokes to make sense of something?

Pfffffffffffft

beanie

Just my opinion, but I think too many people get offended and annoyed at things that are just fun and have no problem with things that really are offensive and annoying.  I'd much rather see people do - (how are u or lol) than cursing up a storm or talking about sex when there are too many eyes that should not see those things including mine.  I am an adult but that really is offensive to me.  I go on pogo to have fun, just play and simple fun, not to critique the way people spell as many do, or get upset for many people including myself using those really cute emoticons.  Just my point of view.

PrincessKate

I have to agree with Adric about the emotes.  My interpretation of what he said was meaning the people who do nothing but full a chat box with the emotes.  I always tend to ask those people if it's their first day with them.  I know I use the winking smiley if I'm typing in something that I would like to be taken as a joke, since the masses in pogo are extremely sensitive.

As to the sex chatter....I spend most of my time in uncensored rooms.  I just happen to like the atmosphere in those more than regular rooms.  I still don't appreciate people who will out and out cyber in those rooms.  That's what PC or messengers are for.

What I can't stand are the people that will say something in a room, and then get upset if someone out of their clique comments on it.  If you are talking about something in the main chat room, it's open to anyone.  Don't get all upset and say that someone "jumped into your convo" or you weren't talking to them. 

Jeffer

A lot of good points.  The thing is to find some moderation.  A few smileys and abbreviations are OK.  But when chat becomes a stream of smileys, and abbreviations, it's annoying.

Usually, I just turn off the chat.  But if I'm playing against others, I think that's rude.  I'll do the "wtg"s and "gh"s and chat a bit.   But if it gets too silly or out of hand, I just leave.  And I normally keep the chat limited to the game.  I certainly don't talk about anything even remotely personal or controversial.

There are a lot of nuts out there.  And pogo allows people the anonymity to be fools and idiots.  Inciivility in any form bothers me more than poor spelling or excessive smiley use.  That's my take on it.

foxx

I have an new favorite annoyance...people (mostly women, sorry gals) who use the word "soewy" (or some derivative of that) instead of "sorry"....Do they think its cute?  Come on women, have some dignity and master the English language! 
Ooooh, it feels good to get that off my chest!  Thanks for the topic!

underdog

If u ax me i weally dunno wats wrong wif da word yeppers.

missy

the most annoying thing to me is when people use your instead of you're...to mean you are.   i hate that.

SouthPadreIsland

I agree with you Missy.  Isn't it amazing that those people could even fill out the information to join Pogo in the first place.  I am a "non chatter".  Like Jeffers I will give a "wtg" or "gl" in a room with people who are intelligent enough to appreciate the gesture and are not typing non-sense or insults every five seconds.  I would love to chat in Pogo if I had the opportunity to chat with people who are not arguing over politics, religion or the everyday gossip of an unknown person in the room.  I am glad to know that there are "normal" people like you guys lurking on other rooms somewhere, but it seems find you is more difficult than earning the badges.  ;)

smiles29

i don't have a problem with chat lingo persay.  the problem i have with it is when that is all that people will use, that or just use emotions.  i use the basic chat lingo: w2g, gl, lol, lorl, ty, yw if i am in the middle of a game.  if i have time in between game i use proper english.  roflorl or roflmfao i can handle, but like someone else has said, its when people use it for every thing they say or really long abbreviations that look like the alphabet all jumbled up that blows my mind.  have the time i dont even pay attention to chat because i cant understand half of whats being said.  but oh well.  it takes all kinds.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview