This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Search Central Infestation

Started by ronandamee1,

Previous topic - Next topic

ronandamee1

I have been infested with searchcentral.com everything. Anyone have any advice on how to exterminate my comp. I have been running Spybot Search and destroy for a while now and it has never failed me...until now. I get popups out the wazoo and everytime I chane my homepage from searchcentral.com, it changes it back. Help me......please. I run windows xp with ie6 and netscape7

Homer

Try cleaning out your temp files. ;) Usually spybot handles it. Have you tried adaware?

Oh yeah try CWShredder. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

fatkid

AdAware is probably the best spyware remover I have ever found...  I would reboot your computer into Safe Mode (without a command prompt and networking; just hold down F8 while booting) and then from there I would run AdAware...  That should help out to get rid of the mal-ware on your computer...

ronandamee1

Thanks for all your help everyone. Ad-ware worked great. at the bottom of the searchcentral homepage was a contact us link, I was gonna send them a nasty email when i saw uninstall instructions at the bottom of the page. Any one else with this problem , thats what you do. ad war got rid of some stuff that spybot missed from a while back.

fatkid

Make sure you run the scan from SafeMode... That will make sure that ALL instances of any kind of spyware are gone

DEBKARLAR

Quote from: Homer on April 22, 2004, 03:16:19 PM
Try cleaning out your temp files. ;) Usually spybot handles it. Have you tried adaware?

Oh yeah try CWShredder. ;)
CWShredder is cool :)

Homer

Yes it is. i used it a while back for some problem. Worked pretty good. ;D

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview