This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

smart explorer browser

Started by SweetGirl200405,

Previous topic - Next topic

Bree

I did not know you had to pay for smart explorer.  I have tried firefox one time but could not get the Java to work right for it.  Can someone tell me why it keeps asking me if I want smart explorer as my default browser.  My main browser is Internet Explorer and I want to keep that one as my primary browser.  So the other browser I choose to pick is my default browser or is it not?  Thanks

PS:  I deleted smart explorer because it interfered with IE.  I need a second browser that will not interfer with my IE.

Julie

My default is IE as well.  When I first fired up Smart Explorer it asked me whether I wanted it as my default browser and I clicked NO and it hasn't asked me since.

Bree

Quote from: GeminiGirl on January 07, 2006, 12:59:41 AM
My default is IE as well. When I first fired up Smart Explorer it asked me whether I wanted it as my default browser and I clicked NO and it hasn't asked me since.

Thank you GeminiGirl!!!  Did you have to pay for Smart Explorer and did it interfer with your IE.  When I put in Smart Explorer that I wanted the homepage to be Pogo.com it changed my IE to Pogo.com too.  So I am not sure what to do with either of the browsers.  It looked like a good browser and maybe I should just keep whatever homepage it comes up with.  Thank you all for you help. O0

Julie

You're welcome :)  I haven't paid for it yet I still have 10 or so days left to go on the evaluation period, but I probably will at some stage in the future.  It doesn't interfere with my IE at all which is good but I did notice that Smart Explorer automatically imported my favourites list from IE but that's OK I can live with that lol  I have pogo as my home page in SE but it didn't change my home page in IE which is the MSN home page.  If you want different home pages in both browsers try going into the options of both browsers and try re-setting them again.  Hope that helps :)

Bree

Quote from: GeminiGirl on January 07, 2006, 01:14:49 AM
You're welcome :) I haven't paid for it yet I still have 10 or so days left to go on the evaluation period, but I probably will at some stage in the future. It doesn't interfere with my IE at all which is good but I did notice that Smart Explorer automatically imported my favourites list from IE but that's OK I can live with that lol I have pogo as my home page in SE but it didn't change my home page in IE which is the MSN home page. If you want different home pages in both browsers try going into the options of both browsers and try re-setting them again. Hope that helps :)

Thank you again and I will try that now.  I did see that the Smart Explorer imported my favorites and now I can not get any of my favorites to open up for me in IE.  I guess I messed IE up big time and will have to wait until I can get my Dad or Brother to work on it for me.  Thanks again  :)

Julie

Really?  I wonder why and if anyone else who's downloaded it had the same problem? :-\  My faves in IE are fine.   

Bree

All my favorites do not open up anymore and I have no idea how to get them back to opening up with IE.  I am not sure what to do now and I can not change it back at all.  I just wish I knew how to get them back to open up under IE.  I deleted everything about Smart Explorer, but still can not get the favorites to open up with IE.  ::)

Julie

Firstly what exactly happens when you try and open a favourite in IE?  Do you get any error messages?  Secondly when you say you "deleted" everything to do with SE do you mean you "uninstalled" it properly from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel?  What operating system are you using and if using Win XP do you have system restore?

Bree

I found it GeminiGirl and restored it to IE settings.  Now IE favorites work again.  Thank you so much for your help, I really do appreciate your help. O0

ElitePirate

hehheh, i dont like IE, plus, if you are using smart browser for pogo, you can QUAD browse on it w/o another browser.

Firefox rulezx 8)

Bree

Quote from: ElitePirate on January 07, 2006, 02:12:19 AM
hehheh, i dont like IE, plus, if you are using smart browser for pogo, you can QUAD browse on it w/o another browser.

Firefox rulezx 8)

Well I have always used IE and I will just have to find a second browser that will not interfer with IE.  I might try Firefox again, but I will ask for my brothers advise before I decide what I am going to do.  I am glad yours works fine ElitePirate.

Julie

Quote from: Bree on January 07, 2006, 02:08:55 AM
I found it GeminiGirl and restored it to IE settings. Now IE favorites work again. Thank you so much for your help, I really do appreciate your help. O0
OK good glad you got it fixed O0  As to why it was interferring with your IE I don't know :( it's a mystery to me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview