PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:21:54 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Why do so many of you critisise Pogo?

Started by charliesowner,

Previous topic - Next topic

charliesowner

Every day, in every room, in every game I see people critisising Pogo! Why?
So many of you spend half your lifes in this site, having fun, enjoying the games, chatting to friends, using pogo mail, winning badges. Yet I rarely see anyone say how great Pogo really is!
What other websites have such a choice of games, great graphics, badges to be won?

Ive seen loads complain about having to pay to join Club Pogo ! Wow! The cost is so low, it wouldnt buy 2 off-the-shelf games!
Pogo isnt a charity, they have programmers to pay, staff wages etc.

Half of you dont maintain your computers, then critisize Pogo when you get 'booted', hey ! Its your computer most of the time. Try sorting out the graphics settings, emptying temp files once in a while, or update that old thing your using.

When Pogo closes for maintenance, its not to annoy you, why would they want to do that?
This is a website and like all websites it needs maintainence. Often they are adding new games, new features. if there is a fault, they quickly put it right.
Not many websites have 250,000 users playing games and interacting with each other at the same time! Im amazed at how well they keep it running.
Come on, isnt it about time you got real and admitted how wonderful Pogo is?

smiles29

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  good point there charliesowner.  good point.  keep in mind that some people dont feel like their day is complete unless they are complaining about something.  and the reason why people dont talk about be relatively happy with pogo is because they are too busy enjoying themselves.

just my thoughts and opinions.

Motley

Everybody complains about something everyday, it is hypocritical to come down on others that do so.  Whether it be the weather, Pogo, AOL, spouse, kids, autos not working, job, or even having to use dial up.  I have yet to meet one person who has been 100% happy every single moment of their life.

Barbara

That's not true Motley.  I have a spunky little firecracker of a friend, Motey Trump who is just a blast of sunshine, bah ha ha.   ;D

Motley

Quote from: Barbara on June 16, 2005, 08:13:40 AM
That's not true Motley.  I have a spunky little firecracker of a friend, Motey Trump who is just a blast of sunshine, bah ha ha.   ;D

Well send her my way...I could use her and tell her friend Barb Kennedy to bring the fugde.  While she's at it, she can also wake Miss Hilton, we could use some diamonds with all that cash she's got laying around.

Barbara

Missy Hilton buys her diamonds by the yard and has a servant, who licks her car clean every morning.  She lives the sweet life.  When I grow up, I want to be just like her.

Mikeael

Barbara

Those posts have been removed.  When you see a post like that it is important for you NOT to repond to it in any way.  Just use the "report" button and don't worry about it.  Also, there is no need to comment about it once it is gone.  It is just confusing.

chunky monkey

I think all the members of Pogo know it is a great site. People just like to complain sometimes. I know I love my job, but I'll sit around the break room and complain about certain things with my co-workers. I think complaining keeps people sane.

Plus, on Pogo, there's such a variety of people. Some people complain about hard badges and the site being down because they are busy and don't get a lot of free time to play the games. Others complain about easy badges and the site being down because they do have a lot of free time and Pogo is their entertainment for the day. There's days where I have nothing to do and I will rely on Pogo to make the time go by. It does suck when it goes down or when it gives me random server errors and won't let me play... when that happens, I have to go do something else, like *shudder* read a book. Scary!

missy

Quote from: Barbara on June 16, 2005, 08:33:37 AM
Missy Hilton buys her diamonds by the yard and has a servant, who licks her car clean every morning.  She lives the sweet life.  When I grow up, I want to be just like her.

OK, I don't have a servant who licks my car clean. But that would be nice. I wish I had a Bob like Barb Kennedy does.  He sounds dreamy!!

Pogo Dalek

I want to chime in on this Conversation.

I havent Critisied pogo on this board..IfI have, I dont remember...

But I have my Reasons for Critisizing Pogo....

My Number one Reason: They Took down Word Riot! That Game was so Popular, and alot of fun. yes, there were problems, but instead of doing something to solve some of the problems, they just killed it. They could bring it back with ways to keep the rooms Sane! Word Riot Helped me through one of the Darkest times of my life. Them Taking Down Word Riot was like Taking away my Security blanket.

2. Some of the Games they put on pogo are just plain Awful, in My Opinion. Like Dice Derby, GreenBack Bayou, Shape Shifter.

Janadra

Hmmm..I really like shape shifter, I just wish it gave tokens.

Jeffer

When Pogo works it works well.  But when they offer challanges and the servers hiccup, or games won't play people get annoyed.  This forum gives them a place to vent.  Like many on the forum, when I can't get on, I usually come here to see if anyone has the 411 on why.

Of course every forum has a few who go over the top. The admins do a good job at weeding them out. But for the most part, the members here are all paying club members, and enjoy the entertainment Pogo gives them.  Honestly, I think this forum is better on Pogo than your average Pogo room's chat.

bigpmc

I dont know how many of you good people on here are from the U.K. but my main annoyance with pogo (if i have one at all) is that us UK folk cant win prizes or money, all we can win are screensavers and wallpapers. Given that we cant win anything, which is the main selling point of pogo, why do we have to pay? Dont get e wrong i love the games on there and enjoy playing them it just seems strange that people with no chance of ever winning should pay the same as people who do have a chance (Although it is very small). Having said that though the way it is, when my subscription runs out i will renew it just like everyone else lol

tvc

When I won money off of pogo in January I put it towards buying an auto  ;D  with the exchange it came to like 12 something so I figured this is it I am not going to win anymore my main focus now is badges I went club pogo in November 2004 and I have 169 badges already I do not want any more money just badges  but in Canada people in Quebec have the same problem as UK they cannot recieve any money from winnings either I live in Ontario O0

AbCdEfMONKEY

I Know What's The Point For People That Live In Another Country Such As (U.K.) Have TO Pay Money For Gmaes That They HAVE NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER At WINNING PRIZES CASH OR ANYTHING....But I Really Agree With You Bigpmc I Just Don't Get It Is This The Way Pogo Makes Money From Y'all?....lol

bobbysbackup

It is a shame that people from other countries cannot win the prizes, but I pretty confident that has more to do with either US laws or the laws of your country as it does with Pogo.  As someone else put it a while ago, Pogo's jackpot spins are more like cereal box sweepstakes.  You're not paying for the sweepstakes, you're paying for the cereal.  If you were to come and buy a box of cereal, I doubt you could win if you were outside the country.

So, consider Pogo the same way... everyone that pays for the club is paying for the games and the service.  The jackpot spins are free sweepstakes (if you dig through the full rules, you'll see that you don't have to play to enter, you could actually mail off an entry for a chance to win -- that's what, in the eyes of the law, turn it into a sweepstakes instead of a lottery... which strangely would be illegal).  The sweepstakes are simply a marketing gimmick, which if you've seen the threads that discuss it, we've calculated the jackpot winning odds to be over 1:1,000,000,000 on most games.

Getting back to the out of country players, when you start considering all the different laws in BOTH countries, and taxes and tarriffs and restrictions, it's little wonder that Pogo simply doesn't do it.  Here's what the US Postal service regulations are for money to the UK:

"Coins; banknotes; currency notes (paper money); securities payable to bearer; traveler's checks; manufactured and unmanufactured platinum, gold, silver; precious stones; jewelry; and other valuable articles, may only be sent in registered letter-post shipments or insured parcel post"

And, if you live in Australia (and probably many other places), it's simply prohibited (by law... I know it happens every day):

"Coins; bank notes; currency notes (paper money); securities of any kind payable to bearer; traveler's checks; platinum, gold, and silver (manufactured or not); precious stones; jewelry; and other valuable articles are prohibited. "

So, keeping with what started this thread, don't be so quick to criticize Pogo for things that are most likely beyond their control.

avs1roy33

You know what? If pogo were perfect and nothing negative ever happened, we would all be complaing that there was nothing to complain about! pogocheats forum would be very boring if no one ever had any problems. The nightly news exists only to tell people about all the bad things that happened that day. Personally, if the world were a perfect place, I'd go crazy  :o

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview