Started by stlouie23,

Previous topic - Next topic

stlouie23

Hey im new and I downloaded PogoGambitron and it doesnt work

I have Windows Xp
I use AOL
16 bit color
1024x768 resolution

When Im in the chess game i click yes to begin the match but the Program doesnt move the pieces it just makes my window keep getting highlighted and unhighlighted and it will make the window that has all the games listed pop up then minimize again...

smiles29

im not familiar with that perticular auto but there are a few people that are that can help you.  sorry i couldnt help.

Capt. Morgan

stlouie23

Quote from: Capt. Morgan on June 14, 2005, 01:08:25 PM
Try 32 bit color
That seems to help some autos
It still does the same things. :-\  Thanks anyways

LlamaLove

Try playing through Internet Explorer instead of the AOL browser.  Some of the programs just don't seem to like AOL's browser.  I very seldom use the AOL browser anymore when playing Pogo for just that reason.

stlouie23

Quote from: LlamaLove on June 14, 2005, 07:17:20 PM
Try playing through Internet Explorer instead of the AOL browser. Some of the programs just don't seem to like AOL's browser. I very seldom use the AOL browser anymore when playing Pogo for just that reason.
hmm.. whenever i play pogo games like chess, backgammon, or other games that u join/create tables in internet explorer it doesnt work.  I click join game and the game doesnt pop up. a message appears in the chat that says if i have a popup blocker installed i shud remove it or whatever but i dont have a popup blocker...

LlamaLove

Quote from: stlouie23 on June 14, 2005, 07:21:22 PM
hmm.. whenever i play pogo games like chess, backgammon, or other games that u join/create tables in internet explorer it doesnt work.  I click join game and the game doesnt pop up. a message appears in the chat that says if i have a popup blocker installed i shud remove it or whatever but i dont have a popup blocker...

I see that you have XP.  Do you have SP2 installed?  If so, you DO have a popup blocker.  SP2 comes with an automatic one in IE.  To change the settings (or turn it off completely), go to Tools, then PopUp Blocker.  If you want to turn it completely off, click on Turn Off.  If you just want to make sure it allows popups in Pogo, then click on PopUp Blocker Settings.  In the Addresses to Allow, put in pogo.com (don't put the www. before it.  just use the pogo.com) and click the Add button beside that.  Then click on Close.  I always shut my browser then and reopen it to make sure it stuck.  After that, you should be able to play any game on Pogo in IE without a problem. 

Hope that helps!

stlouie23

Quote from: LlamaLove on June 15, 2005, 04:20:32 AM
Quote from: stlouie23 on June 14, 2005, 07:21:22 PM
hmm.. whenever i play pogo games like chess, backgammon, or other games that u join/create tables in internet explorer it doesnt work. I click join game and the game doesnt pop up. a message appears in the chat that says if i have a popup blocker installed i shud remove it or whatever but i dont have a popup blocker...

I see that you have XP. Do you have SP2 installed? If so, you DO have a popup blocker. SP2 comes with an automatic one in IE. To change the settings (or turn it off completely), go to Tools, then PopUp Blocker. If you want to turn it completely off, click on Turn Off. If you just want to make sure it allows popups in Pogo, then click on PopUp Blocker Settings. In the Addresses to Allow, put in pogo.com (don't put the www. before it. just use the pogo.com) and click the Add button beside that. Then click on Close. I always shut my browser then and reopen it to make sure it stuck. After that, you should be able to play any game on Pogo in IE without a problem.

Hope that helps!
Well that got pogo working on Internet Explorer, but PogoGambitron still doesn't work on IE.  Thanks for the help though. :)

Jeffer

My only comment would be to make sure you have MSVM enabled.

I think that you get it from SP1. I'm not entirely sure.  But if you're not sure it's on the club center link on the top of this page.

Scroll half way down to the section labeled "Double Browser Trick"

stlouie23

Quote from: Jeffer on June 15, 2005, 07:17:34 PM
My only comment would be to make sure you have MSVM enabled.

I think that you get it from SP1. I'm not entirely sure.  But if you're not sure it's on the club center link on the top of this page.

Scroll half way down to the section labeled "Double Browser Trick"
No idea what you just said :P

Jeffer

There are two types of Java (the language that runs Pogo Games):

One is Sun Java.  It's the main one now because of legal issues between the company and Microsoft.

The other (the one that Pogo games and autos work better with) Is MicroSoft Virtual Machine (MSVM).  But because of beforesaid legal problems it's not readily available.

Microsoft XP doesn't have it.  But if you go to the Club center page (look at the top of this page and click on the link) and go a half page down to the "Double Browser" area, there's an area where you can download MSVM. It's listed with a link.

I'm sorry I spoke too much jargon.  Once you get that far you need to go to your "Tools" tab at the top of IE.  Then Click "Internet Options".  Then click the "Advanced Tab" at the top.

Scroll down and You'll see a "Microsoft VM" area.  Just click all of those bad boys.  Click the "Apply" button at the bottom. Restart your computer.  Try it again.

And just for the heck of it.  Go and run you're Microsoft Update program after you're done.  That's halfway down the "Tools" tab at the top of IE.  It never hurts.

And let me know if that worked...

stlouie23

Quote from: Jeffer on June 15, 2005, 08:51:10 PM
There are two types of Java (the language that runs Pogo Games):

One is Sun Java.  It's the main one now because of legal issues between the company and Microsoft.

The other (the one that Pogo games and autos work better with) Is MicroSoft Virtual Machine (MSVM).  But because of beforesaid legal problems it's not readily available.

Microsoft XP doesn't have it.  But if you go to the Club center page (look at the top of this page and click on the link) and go a half page down to the "Double Browser" area, there's an area where you can download MSVM. It's listed with a link.

I'm sorry I spoke too much jargon.  Once you get that far you need to go to your "Tools" tab at the top of IE.  Then Click "Internet Options".  Then click the "Advanced Tab" at the top.

Scroll down and You'll see a "Microsoft VM" area.  Just click all of those bad boys.  Click the "Apply" button at the bottom. Restart your computer.  Try it again.

And just for the heck of it. Go and run you're Microsoft Update program after you're done. That's halfway down the "Tools" tab at the top of IE. It never hurts.

And let me know if that worked...

Microsoft VM is already in the Tools>Internet Options>Advanced, but two of the boxes arent checked.  Ill check them and restart and tell ou if it worked. Thanks.

stlouie23

I got it working, finally. I downloaded the SM one and it wouldnt work then I changed it to 32 bit color and it did. Thanks O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview