PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 02:36:37 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pogo prizes

Started by avs1roy33,

Previous topic - Next topic

avs1roy33

I know there have been countless topics about this, but I'm confused about one thing: If you get denied a prize from pogo, does your account get banned?

Barbara

I know people who have been banned and some who got the badge and the prize denied, yet kept their account. 

avs1roy33

That's very strange. I guess it is just luck. Thanks Barbara

jrzydvl

i won but got denied and still have my account

smiles29

it all depends on if pogo draws your number or not out of the pool for accounts to ban that day.   :P :-\

i have heard it said that the first time you will be denied the prize and get a warning about using autos/game glitches and if you win a second time then you get banned.  dont know how much truth is in that but thats what i have heard in addition to other stuff.

Homer

My personal opinion is they don't like the chargebacks. Many people who get banned just do a chargeback on their CC and get their money back. I think pogo has come to realize it is cheaper to let someone keep their account than to ban them and lose $$$

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

smiles29

that would make sense.  i havent thought about that one.  very good point homer.

avs1roy33

So maybe the Club members don't get banned but the regular members do?

Homer

Maybe. I don't know any of this to be fact. Just my 2 cents. ;)

smiles29

Quote from: Homer on June 20, 2005, 02:00:05 PM
Maybe. I don't know any of this to be fact. Just my 2 cents. ;)

but it makes perfect cents though, if you think about it.

Jeffer

Think about it.  EA has had some legal bills and needs some cash flow to cover them.

What is their most reliable source of income?  I'd bet it is Pogo Club Members.

What percentage of Pogo Club Members use autos to some extent?  I'd guess it is more than they'd like to admit.

What is the cost of auto users to EA?  Nothing.  Auto users do not impact their cash outflow.  I'm not going to go over this in detail, but trust me, they don't.

So what is the benefit to EA for banning Club Members that use autos?  None.  In fact they'd lose money by doing so.

However, they have to make some consession to those members who scream about auto users.  Due to their clauses against auto use, they are able to deny many of their payments, thus decreasing their costs...

Is it any wonder that their policy is normally, "Deny Payment, but don't Ban?"

Homer

Perfectly stated Jeffer. Just didn't feel like doing all that typing. Gotta get me one of those headsets you talk into. ;)

Jeffer

The only lasting benefit of my education is that I can type fast... lol

smiles29

Quote from: Homer on June 20, 2005, 02:24:14 PM
Perfectly stated Jeffer. Just didn't feel like doing all that typing. Gotta get me one of those headsets you talk into. ;)

dont we all, homer, dont we all.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview