Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

firework rocket help

Started by pogo tycoon,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogo tycoon

I have just bought a pack of rockets for the first time. It says on the directions to place in a wooden through or iron pipe. What could i use for this? could i just put them in the ground? suggestions are appreciated.

Capt. Morgan

Use an old beer or soda bottle.
Hence the nickname "bottle rockets"

NotAdumbBlonde

depends on what kind of "rockets" they are.
Are they the small "bottle rockets" or the larger ones?
The small ones you can use a bottle or can.  For the larger ones, we use a piece of pipe stuck in the ground.    If all else fails, you can dig a small deep hole to place it in, but that does not always work good.   
good luck and as my mother always says.......don't put a eye out with those stupid things.

pogo tycoon

these are medium rockets...what was this pipe from?

Jeffer

I believe that Captain is talking about some PVC (Plastic) pipe.

However any non-flammible tube about a foot or two long will work.

NotAdumbBlonde

We use PVC pipe and bury part of it in the ground so it is well supported.   Make sure your pipe is long enough for the "stick" on the Rocket.   Good Luck and Have Fun

bobby

pull the stick off light it and get the hell out of they way. or you could put them in stuff like garbage cans and other items which may catch fire O0

Homer

Whatever you do please be careful. I had a friend take a bottle rocket to the stomach and it messed him up really bad.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

pogo tycoon

Im sorry to hear that....I did find a 3 foot pipe, does it matter how deep it is or how much of the rocket stick is in the pipe?

Homer

Thanks pogo tycoon. It was a long time ago but he still has the scars to remember it by.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Jeffer

Actually you don't need to bury the pipe.  But you do need to make sure its secure so it doesn't fall over or change direction.  2 or 3  masonry bricks would do great...  If you can set it up so you can change the angle, so much the better.

I can't image that you have a rocket that requires more than a 3 foot pipe.  However, a longer pipe will keep the rocket from flying wild, and is a nice thing.. Just make sure that the trajectory avoids people, roofs and flammable items...  And you probably don't need to go more than 10 to 20 degrees off vertical.

Make sure there is no one to the side or forward of your tube..  Have an adult light the fuse, drop the rocket into the pipe as soon as it lights and back away quickly.  If you get a dud, wait a full minute before tacking it out of the tube.  Do not try to relight a dud.  Really.

Oh, and enjoy!  A happy and safe 4th of July to you!   8)

NotAdumbBlonde

Quote from: Jeffer on June 28, 2005, 07:40:01 PM
Actually you don't need to bury the pipe.  But you do need to make sure its secure so it doesn't fall over or change direction.  2 or 3  masonry bricks would do great...  If you can set it up so you can change the angle, so much the better.

I can't image that you have a rocket that requires more than a 3 foot pipe.  However, a longer pipe will keep the rocket from flying wild, and is a nice thing.. Just make sure that the trajectory avoids people, roofs and flammable items...  And you probably don't need to go more than 10 to 20 degrees off vertical.

Make sure there is no one to the side or forward of your tube..  Have an adult light the fuse, drop the rocket into the pipe as soon as it lights and back away quickly.  If you get a dud, wait a full minute before tacking it out of the tube.  Do not try to relight a dud.  Really.

Oh, and enjoy!  A happy and safe 4th of July to you!   8)
Jeffer is right, you don't really have to bury it, I have teenage kids and we just do that for their safety.  Follow his directions and all should be great.   One other thing that I make the kids keep around is a fire extinguisher, you never know if you will need it.   Keep safe and have fun

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview