PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:52:10 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

whispers, please help

Started by smiley,

Previous topic - Next topic

smiley

How can i see other peoples whispers.  It is possible cause they can see mine. :)

JohnsBeth

They can only see yours if you're not doing it right.  If I remember right, you have to do /whisper "person's name" text, with a space between each group and no quotes.  It's also not available in certain games.

smiley

how can you see other peoples whispers.  please help! :)

avs1roy33

Isn't the point of whispering so that not everyone can see it?

touitsjesse

and if you CAN see others peoples whispers, i am willing to bet you see dead people also.

smiley

Quote from: avs1roy33 on June 29, 2005, 12:39:30 PM

this is the problem, they have conquered the ability to see whispers.  Now, i want to know how.  this just started happening in game rooms recently. :)

avs1roy33

If you do it wrong, or see someone else do it wrong, you see this in the chat: "/whisper text here." If you do what JohnsBeth said, they shouldn't be able to see it.

Barbara

I stop whispering in Pogo years ago when I would blow whispers with the frequency of a cheap ham radio.  I would tend to type w?(pogoname) "blah blah blah" and then leave the room in shame. 

homelessdog

Yeah, I've messed them up too.  If you don't type it exactly right then everyone in the channel can see what you typed.  That's probably what happened to you smiley. 

smiley

Quote from: Undertaker on June 29, 2005, 01:25:13 PM
Here is a question that i was always wondering......How do you do a "whisper" when you are in pogo chat?
The way i whisper is /w BBBBBBBBB then message.  I do know this is correct, for it comes up <whisper> then your message.  My concern is that some peeps can see whispers.  Thanks for responding  :)

smiley

Quote from: homelessdog on June 30, 2005, 03:47:07 AM
Yeah, I've messed them up too.  If you don't type it exactly right then everyone in the channel can see what you typed.  That's probably what happened to you smiley. 
thank you for your reply.  i didn't mess up, lol.  they can see whispers another member has told me that.  so to my best advice guess we all need to be ceareful whispering for some peeps can see.   :)

smiley

Quote from: JohnsBeth on June 29, 2005, 09:35:25 AM
They can only see yours if you're not doing it right.  If I remember right, you have to do /whisper "person's name" text, with a space between each group and no quotes.  It's also not available in certain games.
i have done it correct, but now peeps have figured it out.  guess whispering is dangerous now days in pogo.  :-X

smiley

Quote from: avs1roy33 on June 29, 2005, 12:39:30 PM
you would thinks, but not now days lol.  :)

touitsjesse

better way would be to just not whisper and go to private chat....problem solved...you can toggle between private and main chat areas.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview