PlayBuddy
October 08, 2024, 10:32:57 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Stack'em HD : Remove 1800 animals this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 50 black suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 68 disco balls or discoball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

JigSaw Detector 5.0

Started by BigByrd,

Previous topic - Next topic

BigByrd

The new version of JigSaw Detector does not work for me.  The older version worked pretty good.

I am running

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, cpu with 512 ram.
Windows xp, Home Edition, 2 release
Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
32 bit colors
1024 x 768 resolution
Fonts:  My choices are Clear and Standard, nothing about smooth fonts, there, clear is checked cause that what works with most of the programs.
Sun Java, but have Microsoft too

What happens is it sort the edges and just sits there.

Any suggestions?

Mayhem

Have you tried switching Java's / speed settings?
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

BigByrd

I tried different speeds, and different browsers, I'll try switching Java's and get back with you.  I haven't had any trouble running it with Sun before, but I'll try.

Homer

Don't forget to reboot after switching javas. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

avs1roy33

Quote from: Homer on June 30, 2005, 09:24:58 PM
Don't forget to reboot after switching javas. ;)

Thanks for the tip homer. I didn't know to do that. Without you, my computer would blow up.

Homer

BigByrd

Yep homer, I did do a reboot, also checked advanced options and made sure the JIT compiler was checked it was not, so I checked it.  I don't know if that was a problem or not, but it works well now.  It's amazing what one little change can make.

Thanks

Homer

On VM the JIT Compiler does need to be checked. At least you got it running now. Good luck on the badge. ;)

Zoomy

Hi,
     I just downloaded and tried the Jigsaw Detector 5.0 and it seems to work better than the other ones I have tried. Of course I could never get any of them to work right. This one starts out great and starts to put the frame together, but after it does two sides, it mistakenly grabs a piece of the frame and moves it, and then its game over. Any ideas as to how I can fix this? I am running
XP Pro
IE 6.0 and Mozilla
MS VM and Sun Java 1.50_02
32 bit
smooth fonts unchecked
1024 x 768

I have tried many combinations but Mozilla works the fastest. IE with MSVM works fine, but it takes almost 17 minutes to complete a puzzle, and it also messes up sometimes by grabbing the frame. Any suggestions? 

kazandchip

Mine works very well (too well so I had to slow it down)
I run XP home
512 ram
32 bit colour
ms java
1074 x 768
minimise the ie browser and only have the actual game showing
smooth edges unchecked
Thanks for such a brilliant update (Joe?)

Jeffer

Zoomy, I'm just going to take a stab here...

Turn off your Sun Java and make sure all of your boxes are checked for MS VM...

Zoomy

I tried that jeffer, no difference. I guess i will just have to play them by hand until a better auto comes out, or at least one that will work on my system. By the way, all the other autos work fantastic. Keep up the good work! Thanks for your input jeffer.

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

Zommy try this go to Internet opitions and click the advanced tab.  then scro;; down to where the java is and make sure the 3rd one is clicked the one that says JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled.  And if you change it you must restart.

Zoomy

I already tried that. I tried checking them all, only checking JIT compiler, unchecking all of them and using only sun java, but nothing seems to work. Still grabs the frame and then it's game over. :'(

Lish

Sorry if I sound like a moron  :-[ but I don't understand the two different kinds of Java I keep hearing about.  And when I got to my advanced options, I only have one:

*Java (sun)
use JRE for <applet> (requires restart)

Barbara

switch to the MSVM java>Internet Explorer>tools>internet options> advance tab> scroll down, remove the sun check mark.  restart the computer and then try again, please.

Lish

I actually dl'd JVM and tried it on Mozilla and it runs for some reason.  O0 thanks

Barbara

Unfortunate26

Hi All

I run XP home
IE or mozilla
512 ram
32 bit colour
Both javas
1074 x 768
minimise the ie browser and only have the actual game showing
smooth edges unchecked

It always either sorts incorectly or grabs the fram of the puzzle. I feel that i have tryed everything please help me!

Jeffer

Two suggestions:

1. Up your resolution a notch.

2.  Disable your sun java and make sure all of your MSVM option's are checked...

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview