Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anti-Virus Programs and Firewalls

Started by foxx,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

Hi you guys...

I have recently determined that the members of this site know everything...you all rock!
So here's my problem...I have faithfully used Norton System Works and Norton Personal Firewall on our home computer.  They have always kept my computer virus/worm/trojan horse free so I am 80% happy with their products...However, one (or both) of the Norton products makes my computer run SO slow.  My "subscription" to both has expired and I have been pondering whether or not I will renew. 

Here's my question...Do I need to renew them?  My PC has Windows XP (which has a firewall).  I would hate to spend all that cash on something that I may not need....Are there better and/or cheaper anti-virus programs out there?

This whole subject makes me slightly crazy so any and all help/ideas would be appreciated....

THANK YOU! ;D

bratsbemykids

i used to use both of those products and then i switched to just using norton's internet security, and it seems to run much better on my computer and it provides the same protection....it kinda booged down my system when i used both of the others as well.....

bratsbemykids

oh forgot to tell you one more thing, when i bought my norton's internet security i got it at best buy and i got a rebate on it, and i also bought it for a relative on the internet and got a rebate there too and it was about 39.99 which i thought to be reasonable, considering that i have had to take my computer to the doctor one time and it cost me over 200 to get it fixed..... O0

Homer

Go to www.trend.com they have a free 30 day evaluation of their Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2005.

For spyware try Spysweeper free at www.webroot.com

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

foxx

THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK YOU!  You all are fantastic....
:-*

Jeffer

I use Webroot Spysweeper, and I think it's the best one I've found.

I'm going to PC - cillin in a couple of weeks when my old one expires as well.

foxx

Thank you to you all...especially homer for the info...
I have been using PC-Cillin for about 3 weeks now and I LOVE IT!
You all rock!
:-*

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview