Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anyone know?

Started by fuzieduck,

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzieduck

can someone tell me what the copyright law is if you have a website and put up pogo badges on there with the ranks? I see a lot of groups have the badges on there sites and they just post that all rights to images are pogo's is that enough? or do you need permission? I was just wondering cause I wanted to start a group.

:-*

Barbara

To be on the safe side I would ask Pogo's permission.

BadgeHelpOscar

Copyright law is they can shut you down immediately if they choose to do so.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

fuzieduck

well I do understand that but alot of groups post badges and images from pogo even in here so they can shut us all down? I mean we play for the badges and win them so dont that count lol lol.  And I know all the groups that have the badges on there site dont have permission to use them.  So do they go to all of these groups and spy on them or what?

:-*

Barbara

I really don't know.  They may just pick your site to make an example of and then again, they may not do anything about it.  Pogo would have the answers to this.

admin

Like Oscar said, if Pogo wanted to, they would have no problems shutting you down. If you don't have permission to use the images, it's theft.

fuzieduck

I did email them to ask them permission to use the images in my site and told them they would be used for ranks and badges and they sent me back links that didn't even pertain to what I was asking them lol lol. well I am going to use them and just do what eveyone else does post that all rights to the images are pogos if they find me they find me lol lol but they will have to get to eveyone else too cause if I didnt get any answers neither did they.

:-X

BadgeHelpOscar

The easiest thing to do is just put the pics or links up and then one day (if) you go to your site and it has a big SUSPENDED on it, you call your webhost and say "ok, I'll take it down" and you'll be back up in a matter of hours.

No big deal.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

Barbara

My mother was not an attorney, yet I learned at a young age that the "well, everyone else is doing it" defense will get you a side bar rather quickly.  I'm certain a real court wouldn't buy it either.

Adacia

I've seen two sites get shut down in less than 6 months for this exact reason. One pogo related, one not. All the same, use extreme care. Last time I tried to go to one, I got a "This site has been removed due to violation blah blah blah....". There was also a thingy about possible fraud and trouble in the works for someone.
  I never really gave it much thought, but wouldn't do anything without express permission. Uncle Sam can be one's worst enemy.

BadgeHelpOscar

To tell you the truth, if you aren't profiting from it, there really is no reason to mess with it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview