PlayBuddy
October 08, 2024, 10:31:38 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Stack'em HD : Remove 1800 animals this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 50 black suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 68 disco balls or discoball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Stupid Question from the Newbie

Started by gigi,

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi

:-[ Now that my trial has run out, I want to buy one of the autos I've been trying...... ready for dumb question?............... where do I go to do that?  I looked :o and read and just can't find it.  I did a search in google and all kinds of sites come up, but if the money is going some where I would rather it go here............... am I in the dark or what?

gigi

Duh................... Found it.............. sorry for the trouble.... tried to delet this message, but wouldn't let me................. rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara

NotAdumbBlonde

Trust me, there is no stupid question   ;)

The first time I went to purchase a auto, I had the same problem.

99.999% of the ppl on here will help you whatever your question is, don't be afraid to ask.

Good Luck on your badges

Carly

I second that comment.

There are no stupid questions. We can all help each other any time. lol.

BadgeHelpOscar

Quote from: gigi on July 11, 2005, 12:28:09 PM
:-[  I did a search in google

I wouldn't recommend using Google, I would use Yahoo or MSN.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on July 11, 2005, 02:10:25 PM
Quote from: gigi on July 11, 2005, 12:28:09 PM
:-[  I did a search in google

I wouldn't recommend using Google, I would use Yahoo or MSN.

Why not google?  I use google for everything and I love it

BadgeHelpOscar

You use Google for what? 99% of their revenue comes from AdSense, search ppc money.

Considering they "sandbox" every new website for a minimum of 45 days up to 6 months.....so much for finding any new website out there. Good luck on finding new websites.

Oh yeah, this forces new companies to buy their bogus pay per click search listing. 30% of those PPC's have been proven to be bogus clicks.

I give google the big thumbs down.

btw....just how long is gmail going to be in beta? They are worse than me when it comes to pulling products out of beta (and I didn't think that was possible)
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on July 11, 2005, 04:12:35 PM
You use Google for what? 99% of their revenue comes from AdSense, search ppc money.

Considering they "sandbox" every new website for a minimum of 45 days up to 6 months.....so much for finding any new website out there. Good luck on finding new websites.

Oh yeah, this forces new companies to buy their bogus pay per click search listing. 30% of those PPC's have been proven to be bogus clicks.

I give google the big thumbs down.

btw....just how long is gmail going to be in beta? They are worse than me when it comes to pulling products out of beta (and I didn't think that was possible)

LOL Yes gmail has been in beta for along time, and yes I do use gmail along with yahoo.  But you are nowhere as slow to get things out of beta.  But thanks for letting me know about PPC's becasue I didn't realize that is how they worked.  I probably should have read into it but I just thought they were the best.  I guess thats what I get for thinking.LOL

BadgeHelpOscar

Yes, and I challenge anyone to find a customer service number to call Google. It doesn't exist. If you are a "merchant" that is buying space at the top of search engines and you have a problem with your account (ahem, me) you are screwed.

Yahoo has 1-800 numbers galore. They want your business.

If you are a freebie freak that loves good free stuff that works well (gmail, search, google earth) then google is your man.

As a merchant, I need a number to call when they are taking a lot of cash and things aren't working right.

I do agree.  I to pay for yahoo and I haven't seen a 1800 number but I will look.

chunky monkey

i don't mind the google ads.  they aren't really noticeable and they pertain to whatever i searched for. much better than those annoying flashing pop-ups about diet pills or icky perverted stuff that some sites like to throw at users. for me, it's just quicker to use. msn and yahoo's search pages are filled with too many links that distract me and i end up getting sidetracked or forgetting what i wanted to look up. i guess that's why we love America so much -  if we don't like one option, we have a plethora to choose from.  :)

but yesterday i did ask my wonder nerd friend how long gmail was gonna be beta. i guess they are still messing with it or something cause they just added the RTF options and stuff not too long ago. who knows!

gigi

Well ty E1 for all of your help and kind words.
Oscar........... going to try yahoo thanks
I was able to purchase my auto and it works great..... got Thunder Popper II .  Except for earning tokens.  I tried both tokens and not interested in tokens and ran at lowest speed and still don't get all the tokens for clearing the board
too bad for me :'(
ps ty 4 redirecting my topic to the appropriate forum.... will try to be more diligent about that

I have been looking for Phone Numbers for Google all day and I haven't found one.  You were right Oscar(like i even doubted you) they are nowhere to be found.

BadgeHelpOscar

Well, and that's ok (to not have contact numbers) if all you are is a freebie site.

But if you expect merchants to spend anywhere from hundreds of dollars up to 100's of thousands of dollars.....ummmm.....you might want to give them your phone number.

I emailed them from 4 different IP addresses and 4 different email accounts and still have not received a response, this was 2 months ago.

Yahoo now gets my money.

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on July 12, 2005, 11:17:17 AM
Well, and that's ok (to not have contact numbers) if all you are is a freebie site.

But if you expect merchants to spend anywhere from hundreds of dollars up to 100's of thousands of dollars.....ummmm.....you might want to give them your phone number.

I emailed them from 4 different IP addresses and 4 different email accounts and still have not received a response, this was 2 months ago.

Yahoo now gets my money.

Amen!!

Shadow

Took me about 1 minute to main headquarters:
Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View CA 94043
phone: (650) 253-0000
fax: (650) 253-0001

Great job!!! You hit the nail on the head.  I am shocked!

BadgeHelpOscar

Quote from: PogoNutz on July 12, 2005, 04:54:32 PM
Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on July 12, 2005, 04:14:08 PM
I'm half tempted to call main hq. Ehhh....why bother.

Yeah, you'll get a machine that says push #1 to do a search of mail boxes or push # 2  if you're feeling lucky ;)

LOL now that made me laugh pretty hard. Good Job

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview