PlayBuddy
October 15, 2024, 12:21:50 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Stack'em HD : Remove 1800 animals this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 50 black suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 68 disco balls or discoball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Sushi and Perfect Pair not working

Started by SnappleApple,

Previous topic - Next topic

SnappleApple

Everything was fine until last night.  Suddenly I have cheat that don't work.  Specifically Sushi and Perfect Pair which both do the same thing...sit there and do nothing.  I haven't changed a THING on my computer...or installed any programs.

1) Operating system (Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP etc)    windows XP

2) Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL, Mozilla, Opera etc)  IE 6

3) Color setting (24 bit, 32 bit etc)        32 bit

4) Screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768)        1024 x 768

5) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked         unchecked

6) What Java you are using           Only thing checked in IE/Tools is "Jit compiler for virtual machine enabled"  Tried installing Sun Java VM and the programs still didn't work so I deleted it.

7) Is anything at all happening when you start the program
      In Sushi, the cheat opens and then hides behind the game window and does nothing.  Says connection error or "please start game in your browser".
     In Perfect Pair it just sits there and does nothing.

Thank you !!!

SnappleApple

Ok, I have Perfect Pair (Matchmaker) working...but Sushi is still on the fritz.  It flips itself behind the game window and says "Connection Type I, Please wait, Please start game in your browser". 

I'd really appreciate an opinion on this problem.  I emailed Badgehelp twice but haven't gotten a response...so found this forum and was hoping someone could help.

Thank you.

Quote from: SnappleApple on July 13, 2005, 01:53:16 PM

Everything was fine until last night.  Suddenly I have cheat that don't work.  Specifically Sushi and Perfect Pair which both do the same thing...sit there and do nothing.  I haven't changed a THING on my computer...or installed any programs.

1) Operating system (Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP etc)    windows XP

2) Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL, Mozilla, Opera etc)  IE 6

3) Color setting (24 bit, 32 bit etc)        32 bit

4) Screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768)        1024 x 768

5) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked         unchecked

6) What Java you are using           Only thing checked in IE/Tools is "Jit compiler for virtual machine enabled"  Tried installing Sun Java VM and the programs still didn't work so I deleted it.

7) Is anything at all happening when you start the program
      In Sushi, the cheat opens and then hides behind the game window and does nothing.  Says connection error or "please start game in your browser".
     In Perfect Pair it just sits there and does nothing.

Thank you !!!

Jeffer

Check all of your boxes for MSVM.  Uncheck all the Sun ones.

Clear out your Cache (Temp internet files) while your at it.

Normally all you have to do is restart your browswer, but you might want to actually restart your computer. 

See what that does.

BigTim

There is apparently no fix for this problem.  I ran the SUSHI cheat for a couple weeks and it worked flawlessly.  Then, it did exactly what you have described - exactly!  No changes to my puter whatsoever.  I am firmly convinced that POGO has nailed us.  I can think of no other explanation.  I have 3 puters in my house on the net, so I tried running it on all 3 with exact same result.  I even tried a new browser - same result.  They say they are coming out with an updated version.  Don't know if that will help or not.  Resigned myself to babysitting Elchie Eater if all else fails.  I don't blame anyone - it's just totally frustrating.

Jeffer

It may not be the auto.  It may be the game itself.

I tried this hint from Pogo.  And everything started working again.  Just an idea...

If the above fix doesn't help much, then try this...

Close your game of Squelchies
Right click on your desktop and select Properties.
Click on the Settings tab.
Click the Advanced button.
In the new window that appears, click the Troubleshoot tab. (If you're running Windows 98, look for a tab that says Performance, instead.)
In there, you should see a Hardware Acceleration tab that is probably all the way to the right. Drag it one notch to the left.
Click OK.
Start up your web browser, and try playing Squelchies again

angeleydkitten

yeah i cant get it to work ive done everything u said above still just sits there doing absolutly nothing  im stumped

BigTim

Be really interesting to see how many people legitimately can state that SUSHI still works for them.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

BigTim

Thanks folks.  You're the greatest.  (Still can't get it to work, but life does have its ups and downs, lol)...

Punkywilma

Country Lady

Looks like Tim didn't remove his name before forwarding the java stuff to the site.

tvc

I have the same problem as well this just started for me yestereday I got up to rank Sea Lion closed the game and went to PP to play when I went back to Squelchies nothing happened it hides behind the game and says connection error or "please start game in your browser.

This is really strange mine played with no problems ever before I noticed too isn't there rooms missing from squelchies I mean there seemed to be more rooms before. But who knows I have been out of it since my nephew passed last week he was only 18 am thinkin of giving up pogo.

Jeffer

I would have to think if you have an auto and it just quits working, that it's the Pogo game and not the auto.  Try deleting and redownloading the game.

Tools / IE Options / Check the "Settings" button under Temp Internet Files.  Go to View Objects and delete the game in question.

tvc

Country Lady

Any idea what this error means?
Invalid device control(DC)handle
I have been getting it lately.  I can play one or two rounds then sushi just flashes this error and sits there doing nothing.  It worked fine in the past and I don't belive that I have changed anything on my pc.

I am using
IE 6
Winxp
msjava
smooth fonts turned off
32 bit color

SnappleApple

I've deleted Sushi several times and re-downloaded....adjusted my acceleration as suggested....done everything suggested here and it still won't work.  Was told they are "looking into the problem" but I'm not holding my breath.

I did notice that there are loads of Squelchies rooms that are missing. 

BigTim

I believe it means these kind folks are going to have to update SUSHI.  Too many of us having it go from working flawlessly to not working at all.  Am sure they are looking into it, especially since they stated that a new release is in the offing.  Hang in there and keep the faith.  I am.....

Jeffer

The standard suggestions aren't working.

It's been a little frustrating, as most people who report problems have their settings correct.  Some people aren't experiencing any problem at all (I'm not having any)

I'm almost positive that it's not the auto...

I have some ideas. If anyone finds any of these suggestions work, please let me know...

1.  Run Windows Update.  Run any critical updates, and make sure you update your MSVM if necessary.

2.  Update your Sun Java.  There was an update put out a few days ago.  You can get it here:

http://java.com/en/download/download_the_latest.jsp

3.  Try using one Java or another exclusively.  Then try them both.

These are just some ideas. No promises....

Homer

With Joshua's autos I always get the game screen up and running first then open the auto. It should recognize the game window within a few seconds. Another thing I have found is sometimes if you click pause and try to restart the auto that's when you get the Invalid device control(DC)handle error but then I just close the auto and restart it.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview