Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Started by Jeffer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffer

I'm going to check this one out tomorrow.  I loved the original with Gene Wilder.  I even read the book (well back in 4th grade or something).

I've read some mixed reviews on Johnny Depp's portrayal.  But It looks like it should be interesting.  Anyone else a fan of the old movie?  What do you think?

bobby

Jeffer

Quote from: bobby on July 16, 2005, 06:56:27 PM
willie wonka kinda looks like michael jackson :o

That was Roger Ebert's comment.  Or a cross between Michael Jackson and Carrol Burnett.

From the trailer, it looks like they replaced the geese with squirrels for the "Veruca Salt" scene.  They're in the trailer anyway...  Apparently they open a can of, well you know, on Veruca...

I dunno Barb, chocolate and squirrels in the same movie?

Barbara

A squirrel and chocolate? I am smelling an Academy Award here.

Barbara

Now that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time, thanks for your sharp wit.

cheruboptics

hey all.  I was talking to someone at work who saw it yesterday and this is what they said.  The "oompa loompa" song is gone and has been replaced by "willy wonka chocolatier" which strangely is like the tune "its a small small world."  most of the rest of the movie is like the original except there are no oompa loompas.  but although the previews kinda sucked the film was decent.

Barbara

I am actually still chuckling.  I would like to adjust what I previously said, I think what you said is the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Barbara

Now, please stop or Jeffer and I will hijack this thread and make it about something else.  Don't make us have to resort to speaking about Pogo cheats, ranks and glitches, oh horrors!   ;)

Jeffer

Oh Barb, you gotta see the clips about the squirrels...

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808403419&cf=trailer

Scroll down to the "squirrel" scenes...

Barbara

Quote from: Jeffer on July 16, 2005, 08:48:32 PM
Oh Barb, you gotta see the clips about the squirrels...

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808403419&cf=trailer

Scroll down to the "squirrel" scenes...
Sick, sick, sick sick.  I added it to my favorites.

Roseybud333

I am a willy wonka fan. . . Loved the first one so I guess I will have to go see this one! I went to Sam Goody looking for the DVD and I struck gold! I ended up getting a double pack Willy Wonka and the Wizard of Oz for 20 bucks! A great steal for 2 movies when each was 20 bucks on their own!Wooooohooooo! :)

Jeffer

I just got back and I loved the new one!  I won't say it's better than the old one, but it's just as good.

It is a little twisted.  OK more than a little.  For most of us that's a good thing.  Stunning visuals, and the story really clips along.  I thought it was a one hour movie rather than two.  And Johnny Depp did a great job.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Jeffer

That fat little german kid ate it all before I could get home...

Gunner

I went to see the movie today and I thought it was simple great.  I to think the first one was fantastic, but I have to say they both made me laugh and laugh.  I think I will take my 4 yr. old niece to see it next weekend.  I recommend this movie for all age groups(all big and small people) who love chocolate and Johnny Depp.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview