PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:21:32 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Spider Solitaire

Started by LucsWind,

Previous topic - Next topic

LucsWind

Has anyone had any luck with an auto for this game on hard?   It seems on hard its damn near impossible to win.   I think I played about 15 games and lost all 15, even using my auto....anyone else have any luck?   I was told this game was a game that went up in ranks pretty quick.

hereatic555

the auto hasnt been designed to play on hard yet

Rainy Day Spider Solitaire auto SpiderFighter2 has been released. It plays NORMAL and HARD level now also. It will play NORMAL like a champ. We are still working on the intel for hard. It might take awhile....If you are getting Card Error messages and it is stopping, Run the fighter again and before it starts, click the Click Speed down one notch and try it again. Default click speed is 7. Run the fighter first, change the speed and then get your game up.

homelessdog

I've never used an auto for Spider Solitaire, so I don't know if they work well or not.  But I can tell you that Hard is definetely winable as I win almost ever game I play and I always play on hard.  The ranks go by so much faster on hard, once you get the hang of the game. 

Some tips I can give you:

#1, Use the Undo button to it's max...  Figure out the hidden cards as early as possible by uncovering stacks and then using Undo to put them back.  Check all of the piles to see which one gives you the best moves before selecting one to follow.

#2, Use the Free Column right away.  There is no point in saving that column. 

#3, Don't worry too much about making sure matching suits are on top of each other, but always be on the watch for ways to switch cards around so that you do end up with matching suits as much as possible, whenver possible. 

Before you draw your first set of cards you should have cleared at least one pile, and hopefully several piles.  The less cards are hidden by round 2, the easier it will be to win.  If you haven't uncovered at least a dozen cards in the first round, you'll have a very hard time winning. 

With some practice you can win almost every game.  When I first started it took me about 40 minutes to win a game, but now it's closer to 15 per game on hard and the ranks go by very fast.  You don't even really need an auto because the game just doesn't take that long to win.

hereatic555

Quote from: homelessdog on July 21, 2005, 03:35:40 AM
You don't even really need an auto.

how can you say we dont need autos i would have quit pogo if badgehelp wasnt created

LucsWind

Heretic, do the ranks progress fairly quickly in normal?   

Barbara

The last 10 ranks of RDSS gives you 2% per win on the normal level, 1% on easy.

LucsWind

so are the ranks set in a certain % goes up...for every 10 ranks?

Barbara

Each set of 10 levels has a set % that it takes to advance. It get progressively harder as you go along.

LucsWind

Well i figured that, i thought it was like Poppit though, where each rank was based on a certain %, not every 10 ranks.

Barbara

The RDSS starts out with a great deal of advancement in ranks 1-10.  At each tenth rank it becomes progressively harder. 

homelessdog

Quote from: Barbara on July 21, 2005, 03:40:22 PM
The last 10 ranks of RDSS gives you 2% per win on the normal level, 1% on easy.

Hence why you must learn to play on hard. 
Ranks 40 to 45 give you 20% on hard.  Ranks 46 to 50 give you 8% on hard. 

BTW, Ranks 40 to 45 on normal give you 4%, then 2% from 46 to 50.
Ranks 40 to 50 on easy give you 1%, but only 0.5% from 46 to 50. 

I'm on Rank 48 now, so looking forward to finishing off this game this week!

Adacia

Homeless gives some really good game playing advice in the above section of this post. Winning a hard game on spider is one of my all time favorite pogo challenges. While most pogo games require simply doing the same thing over and over, this is a true challenge. It takes time and the rank advancement is worth it. When you win a hard game, you get a real feeling of satisfaction and want to pat yourself on the back.
   With the advice Homeless gave, I would just like to add this. Have yourself a good atmosphere to play in. I like to have the lights low, my favorite beverage, and peace and quiet. It's like kicking out the stress and solving a brilliant mind puzzle. Once you can win one game on hard, it becomes gradually easier to do. Good luck and go get'cha some rank.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview