Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pogo mobile games

Started by cheruboptics,

Previous topic - Next topic

cheruboptics

I was looking at the EA site tonight/morning and noticed they were talking about verizon.  Does anyone else feel like EA may be striking deals with Verizon in an attempt to get people who have cellphones to go to it?  Or is this just the beginning before they deal with Sprint/Nextel (my provider), Alltel, and the less than desirable AT&T/cingular/suncom? 

Barbara

Kinda figures, I have AT&T, now Cingular, sigh.

cheruboptics

LOL barb.  Down here in NC, cingular went to suncom and, working in cellphone sales, I have heard nothing but complaints against it.  I have people come in all the time to my store and want to switch to alltel or nextel.  That or they want to switch to a prepaid cuz they are so mad.

Barbara

I look foreward to the cell phone games.  This should be interesting.

C~M

I've had most of the cell phone companies in the past including a company that was online in which I found out they purchased their time from Sprint...lol
I have Verizon now and it has been the best service I've had.  I figure you have to have the web access thing to play the games and I'm afraid to use mine because it always warns me that airtime charges apply...lol :o

homelessdog

Quote from: cheruboptics on July 25, 2005, 10:54:08 PM
I was looking at the EA site tonight/morning and noticed they were talking about verizon.  Does anyone else feel like EA may be striking deals with Verizon in an attempt to get people who have cellphones to go to it?  Or is this just the beginning before they deal with Sprint/Nextel (my provider), Alltel, and the less than desirable AT&T/cingular/suncom? 

I think they're just testing the service with Verizon.  They'll expand to other service providers once all the kinks are worked out.

Motley

I read somewhere that EA inked deals with Sprint and Verizon for the Pogo games.  A search of Pogo Mobile and Verizon/Sprint will give several articles from gaming sites reporting this.

Carly

Hopefully U.S. Cellular will be involve too. I hope so.

texan

carly i hope so too...they dont offer verizon in my area..but i love us cellular
hugs
tex

beanie

I can tell you that even as bad as I want those badges I will never, I say NEVER go back to verizon.  I think they stink.  I had them for years and always lost calls, finally had to dump them and went with nextel which I totally love and never have had a problem with.  That guy in their commerical "can you hear me now".  I think he's asking the question because he can't hear a thing and is trying to seek out a spot where he can hear them.  ;)

cheruboptics

lol beanie.  I also enjoy Nextel although tonight my service went in and out....but i never lost my call lol just the sound

Jeffer

Verizon is the only carrier where I can get coverage where I work.  That's not good or bad, it's just the way it is.  Of course the company pays for it, but imagine the conversation

And I can just hear it now..  "Um Jeffer, you are `12,6767 minutes over you company plan"..   "But hey, look at all these cool badges..."

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

Quote from: CrazyMan on July 25, 2005, 11:16:46 PM
I've had most of the cell phone companies in the past including a company that was online in which I found out they purchased their time from Sprint...lol
I have Verizon now and it has been the best service I've had.  I figure you have to have the web access thing to play the games and I'm afraid to use mine because it always warns me that airtime charges apply...lol :o

FYI... Sprints owns 90% of all cellphone towers and the 2 cables that go across the ocean.  So there is a pretty good chance that what ever service you use has something to do with sprint.

So I would think it is safe to say that sprint should be one of the provides of the new pogo moblie games.

beanie

Jeffer, that is too funny- I bet you will be ever so tempted to really do that.  :D

avs1roy33

Playing games on your cell phone does not take up your minutes, but you do usually have to pay for the games.

DafoeGirl

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview