PlayBuddy
October 13, 2024, 10:17:26 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Stack'em HD : Remove 1800 animals this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 50 black suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 68 disco balls or discoball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

java problems

Started by pepsidruid,

Previous topic - Next topic

pepsidruid

hello i need some help with java. i have currently  the microsoft java and have just deleted sun java. it seems that some games work better with Microsoft's java than sun java and vice versa. i usually have to change it when i play a game to see which one will work. i have a really hard time getting into the poker rooms and when i do i am told in the room that I'm slow and people usually leave cause I'm not going fast enough. which one is better and do i still have to use both....poker is my favorite games in pogo so i need help.

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

This looks like a post for the one and only Homer to answer.  But it will cost you a Duff beer!

Its a joke!  Homer is the best when it comes to java and computer problems.

Roseybud333

I have the same problem when I go in to Texas Hold em! They tell me I'm too slow but on my screen it's them being slow! I'm a bit baffled cause Hold Em is the only game I have problems with! All the other poker games seem to run fine!

Iceman007

As you had said.Some games run better on JVM & some on SUN.I use both and just flip flop back & forth.Hope that helps.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

hereatic555

i cannot get my vm to work i have downloaded installed it didnt work i re-done that and it still didnt work....

com specs
p3 733mhz 196mb of ram 1024x768 smoot edges off i.e 6.0 i have firefox but i use sun for that

hereatic555

But vm worked for months and then stoped..... i am getting my new computer soon anyways so it doesnt matter

Betty Boop

with all due respect to Max cause i think he is great...but this is from Microsofts own site..what you need to run windows xp home edition....so you have enough RAM..

Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Home Edition
•   

PC with 300 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233-MHz minimum required;* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
•   

128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)
•   

1.5 gigabyte (GB) of available hard disk space.*
•   

Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor
•   

CD-ROM or DVD drive
•   

Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

Jeffer

Pogo says they require 400mghz and 128k.  Between the two, I'd say you are hitting the wall.

My best advice in the meantime would be to see if you can free up some of your existing ram.  There are some nifty programs on dowload.com that might help.

Or if you look on the bottom right of your taskbar and see alot of stuff down there, all that stuff takes up RAM.  So if you don't need some of that stuff shut it off.

Thats why I suggest Lynix but I don't think it is supported here.  It only takes 8 mb of ram to run that if I am not mistaken.

hereatic555

well i think ill wait and get my new computer its got 2gb of ram and if there is still issues with that ill scream

Jeffer

I do just fine with 512.  But I'll likely go to a a gig here soon on the desktop.  Good luck with the new puter.

Betty Boop

Quote from: maxraven on July 28, 2005, 03:06:31 PM
Quote from: bettyboop1958 on July 28, 2005, 07:42:21 AM
with all due respect to Max cause i think he is great...but this is from Microsofts own site..what you need to run windows xp home edition....so you have enough RAM..

Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Home Edition

128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)

Windows XP requires 128mb of RAM + Pogo requires 128mb of RAM = 256mb RAM to work properly and 512mb RAM to insure no memory problems. You have to add RAM necessary to run BOTH your operating system AND running programs such as Pogo, etc.

very interesting seeing as i have only 160 mb of ram on my laptop and pogo and windows xp works fine........oh well........

Jeffer

Well, it has to do with a number of factors.  This is one of those instances where everyone is correct, depending on what other demands your computer has....

If all you have to worry about is IE and Pogo, perhaps 196 of RAM would do it.  I'm with Max there.  You need at least 256.   I,f like Ranger said, you can switch to Linux, that would be even better.  XP is a RAM hungry OS...  Most of us have more than that.

If you are on the verge of buying a new computer, I'd just get it over with.  Any new one will be able to handle the demands of Pogo.  However, If you are trying to squeak a few more weeks or months out of the old one, I'd try a combination of what Ranger and I have suggested.  And, of course you should clean up your hard drive, defrag and make sure you don't have anything starting up you don't need.  There's lots of advice out there if you need it..

Betty Boop

perhaps that is it jeffer.......i only run pogo on the laptop and nothing else.....have all those programs that like to run in the background disabled in the startup....and yes i do agree that the more RAM you have the better it is.........i have 512mb on the desktop and i can run 4 different browsers with 4 different users in pogo at 1 time.......helpful when its a euchre challenge .........isnt life grand

hereatic555

Quote from: bettyboop1958 on July 28, 2005, 09:35:15 PM
perhaps that is it jeffer.......i only run pogo on the laptop and nothing else.....have all those programs that like to run in the background disabled in the startup....and yes i do agree that the more RAM you have the better it is.........i have 512mb on the desktop and i can run 4 different browsers with 4 different users in pogo at 1 time.......helpful when its a euchre challenge .........isnt life grand
i have been able to get 9 names at one table and it was running fine then with 196

hereatic555

max you can have 2 people playing and 7 people watching at a pool table. maybe you should ask how i got that instead of accusing me of not tell the truth

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview