PlayBuddy
October 14, 2024, 10:18:30 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Stack'em HD : Remove 1800 animals this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 50 black suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 68 disco balls or discoball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

a question for badgehelp....

Started by hereatic555,

Previous topic - Next topic

hereatic555

could you tell me how to make autos so i can make a good one for phlinx?

Mayhem

Making auto's takes years of experience .. what's wrong with Bob's phlinx auto?

Works great here.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

hereatic555

the problem is i have never been able to get it to work........ im at rank 16 playing by hand ...... its not fun :'(

Barbara

You need to post your computer specs.  The auto also has a built in "report problem" feature. 

hereatic555

barb i asked ages ago about it and done all this and the report problem doesnt work for me it says can't connect to the internet

sentinels

mine works, but has to be babysat...but still beats playing it by hand

Barbara

Quote from: hereatic555 on July 28, 2005, 08:52:36 PM
barb i asked ages ago about it and done all this and the report problem doesnt work for me it says can't connect to the internet

1) Operating system xp service pack 1
2) Browser firefox,i.e6.0 netscape 8.0 smart explorer i tried it on all of em it didnt work
3) Color setting 32 bit
4) Screen resolution  1024x768
5) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked unchecked
6) What Java you are using sun java and ms java
7) Is anything at all happening when you start the program
it loads and when it trys to play it doesnt shot it only moves the shooter thingy any help would be good    thank you in advance

I found the post with your computer specs.  I will ask Bob to look at it in the morning.  He's not going to teach you how to make autos, sorry.  Actually, you said that you are getting a new computer soon.  Maybe it will work on your new computer.

Betty Boop

writing autos???? just learning to do the basic programming is a challenge.....i wouldnt even want to think about writing an auto........its easier to pay 10.00 and let someone else do it.......that way i get to keep the hair i have left........... :D

Mayhem

Yeah, even writting my simple 'helpers' is a challenge.

It took me months before i could even get a script to "Look for a color ... here, Move the mouse ... here, and click ... here" in a game window.

You can't just wake up one morning and decide to write an auto .. just doesn't work that way.

I 100% agree with you bettyboop, I'd rather pay the $10 and keep my hair and sanity.  :)

Barbara

Well, not only that.  You say that the auto doesn't work, yet you would like the man who wrote the auto to teach you how to make it?  It would take well over a thousand hours to teach you.

beanie

I took just a basic programming class years ago when they were doing fortran programming I think it was called and oh my- you have to write a line for each little tiny thing you want it to do- no small task.  I passed the class - mind you this was like 20 yrs ago and guess what - I dont remember a thing.  But I have a cute diploma from it.  :P

hereatic555

ok ill go to school and be taught how to do it then:) (and ill fail) all i wanna do is make 1 auto and ill be proud

Mayhem

This first thing i learned in programming was ...

10 print "hello"
20 goto 10
run

:P

beanie

Yes  :) max- thats exactly the stuff we had to learn, man makes me feel sad the things the brain forgets.  And, Mayhem - that is what we had to do and print it on huge green sheets of "computer paper" back then.  I did pass and did very well but after that really had no interest and I'm sure things took a big change from then.  Hereatic555, you should go to school if you are interested in learning how to do that, but to say I want to learn to make one small program and I'll be proud- is like saying "all I want to do is perform one surgery and I'll be proud".  It takes school, it takes skill and it takes lots of training.  Just be great at what you know and leave the other stuff to the experts.   O0

Douglas

heretic, turn off your firewall, then submit your report.  The firewall is what's preventing you from submitting a problem report.  By the way, I find that your signature is very harassing and doesn't really belong on this forum.  If you'd change it on your own, that'll make you look better than to have a few of us complain to the admin types here...

hereatic555

BadgeHelpOscar

Mayhem....

I remember typing those exact lines on my Commodore 64 computer and I got excited when the left hand side of the screen filled up with HELLO!
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

Stinky

OMG what a flashback..LOL LOL
I remember making those programs in computer class in high school..(am I showing my age?)
It was so exciting to see those words fill up my screen. When the teacher was out there was always someone who would change "hello" to something less appropriate.   :-X

hereatic555

Bob im sorry if i offended you with this post i didnt mean to in any way i was just frustrated that i couldnt get it to work. oh well stuff happens. sorry about this post

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview