Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Viruses & Spyware

Started by gagaman,

Previous topic - Next topic

gagaman

OK, I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but some sickos  >:( are trying to ruin my computer by putting Spyware (the ones that look at what you are doing) and viruses (The programs that ruin your computers) and so recently I have had to but the latest version of Norton Antivirus 2005, because my old version of 2002 was not working anymore and they told me to get the new version, anyway, I have tried millions of programs to try and stop but they just don't stop. Please give me your thoughts on this!!

hereatic555

for Spy-ware you could try ewido.com or microsoft anti spyware or spybot search & destroy with ewido and microsoft they have "real-time" protection which runs as long as your computer is on and will help prevent it. do you have an up to date firewall that may help also.

gagaman

I just downloaded Microsoft Anti Spy-ware and it destroyed a few and I thought it was the end, turns out it wasn't!!!

hereatic555

try ewido micro-soft said i had no spyware and ewido found 203

Douglas

A good combo would be LavaSoft's Ad-Aware and SpyByt's Search & Destroy.

gagaman

Quote from: The Bear on July 29, 2005, 08:30:13 AM

Yes I have heard of them...I am still thinking I am in such a fuss

Quote from: hereatic555 on July 29, 2005, 08:29:51 AM

OK, I'll try where can I get it from?

Betty Boop

im with The Bear...thats what i use and im spyware free

gagaman

Is this the season of Spyware (Malware)!!?!?! lol

hereatic555

Quote from: gagaman on July 29, 2005, 08:31:20 AM
Quote from: The Bear on July 29, 2005, 08:30:13 AM

Yes I have heard of them...I am still thinking I am in such a fuss

Quote from: hereatic555 on July 29, 2005, 08:29:51 AM

OK, I'll try where can I get it from?
that is a good combo bear.

OK, I'll try where can I get it from? you can get ewido from www.ewido.com

gagaman

OK, hereatic, I am trying the Online Scan, just to see if I had the program of ewido...if it would pick it up

Douglas

www.spywareinfo.com has everything that you need, including HiJack This!  It's a GREAT site for spyware info and resources.

gagaman

Quote from: The Bear on July 29, 2005, 08:38:36 AM
www.spywareinfo.com has everything that you need, including HiJack This!  It's a GREAT site for spyware info and resources.

Thanks Bear, I'll check it out, on the online scanner so far I have about 356 different Spyware! :D

hereatic555

good luck with getting your spy-ware problem sorted out

gagaman

Thanks hereatic555, and The Bear, for all your help, I really Appreciate it  :)

HollyDazed

I use Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster, and AVG virus protection and have had no problems in ages.  Good luck on your search and destroy mission.

Homer

Quote from: gagaman on July 29, 2005, 08:10:54 AM
OK, I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but some sickos  >:( are trying to ruin my computer by putting Spyware (the ones that look at what you are doing) and viruses (The programs that ruin your computers) and so recently I have had to but the latest version of Norton Antivirus 2005, because my old version of 2002 was not working anymore and they told me to get the new version, anyway, I have tried millions of programs to try and stop but they just don't stop. Please give me your thoughts on this!!

I highly recommend www.trend.com for AV and firewall and www.webroot.com for spyware. Spysweeper is a gem! O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Jeffer

Those are the two I use also.  Spysweeper found a bunch of stuff that the others didn't. 
I think the free trial for spysweeper give you one definiton upgrade. 

Homer

That's what sold me Jeffer. When it found things Spybot and AdAware didn't. I bought the 2 year subscription. You get a bit of a discount that way. O0

Crazyforthembadges

I use microsoft spyware myself and i had many spywares at the time but since the latest updates they are history and have been for awhile now. But if your delete them and don't reboot I don't beleive they are gone from what I noticed. As for antivirus I am using the avg anti-virus. O0

Homer

Gee Max. Not only are you the BadgeHog but it sounds like your a ProgramHog also.  :P j/k

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview