PlayBuddy
October 14, 2024, 12:14:42 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Stack'em HD : Remove 1800 animals this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 50 black suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 68 disco balls or discoball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

a question for badgehelp....

Started by hereatic555,

Previous topic - Next topic

kessler

remember the commodore 64 program from the manual where you made the hot air balloon fly? what fun.. lol.

That darn computer is still in my parent's basement. Perhaps I'll did it out... ???

Mayhem

QuoteAnd then we learned Basic, Cobol, C, C+, C++, Fortran and machine language for those 10 kinds of people that understand it...  

No kidding, why did they have to make it so complicated?   :P My first experience with vb6 was ...

Private Declare Function PostMessage Lib "user32" Alias "PostMessageA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal wMsg As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, lParam As Any) As Long

and i'm like ... whaaat? ooook ...

QuoteMayhem....

I remember typing those exact lines on my Commodore 64 computer and I got excited when the left hand side of the screen filled up with HELLO!

Ah .. the good old C64 days. Sadly enough, i was one of those people who always bought those computer magazines and sat down for hours at a time and typed out those 6 pages of code try to get that damn game to run.

Those magazines always had printing errors and missing code   ::) .. but yet we still tried anyways ...
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Jeffer

Quote from: maxraven on July 29, 2005, 06:57:37 AM
Ah yes, those big green sheets of computer paper...I go back to punch cards...weren't they fun?  :P

I used to have to do my statistics work with them Max.  Nothing like dropping a stack of em on the floor.  :P

BadgeHelpOscar

Yep...and then checking and rechecking that you typed every line of code in correctly and swearing you did it correctly.

I always swore I would never type all that crap in again. And then next month when there was another cool game or app that I wanted, there I was....typing all that crap again like an idiot.

I should have just used my "X ray sunglasses that see through clothes" while I was typing in all those lines.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

BadgeHelpOscar

I remember I thought I was the coolest dude on the block when I hooked up my 300 baud modem and then jacked the c-64 through my big screen TV. I was like......LARGE SCREEN BULLETIN BOARD SYSTEMS and LARGE COMPUSERVE!!!

YAY!
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

Country Lady

Country Lady

My very first computer was a trs-80.  I remember staying up all night many times playing text only games.  I've never lost my facination of computers and what they can do.

BadgeHelpOscar

I was a snob to the tandy. I was like.....I'm not going to buy no stinking radio shack computer!!!

Country Lady

Well you weren't the only one, I remember how insulted I was the first time I heard it called a "trash 80".

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview