PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:14:33 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo's Response To My Complaint About being Banned

Started by gigi,

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi

Sorry this is so long, if the webmaster wants to delete it, I understand... I feel so abused by Pogo one more kick in the butt won't even be noticed

In another thread I mentioned that I wrote to Pogo about the glitches working in their favor (too bad for me) and working in my favor (too bad for me again) Ok, this response blew me away............... would anyone like to explain it to me????

We're sorry, but we don't have access to information regarding why your account is blocked. Most account blocks are for 3 days. If you've been getting this message for more than 3 days, then your account has been permanently banned for repeated Terms of Service violations. In these cases, your account is unrecoverable and you will need to create a new account to continue playing on Pogo. We cannot and will not transfer your tokens or ratings to your new screen name. Losing your screen name and all the tokens and ratings on it is the penalty for repeatedly abusing on the service. The PAL team only bans someone permanently if they have evidence of repeat incidents of severe abuse on the site.

There is no appeal process.

Please note: If you witness an abusive act and want to report it, click the person's name in the Who's Here list and choose the 'Report Abuse' option. Then follow the instructions to send in a report. When you report someone, we mute them for you. Please do NOT retaliate. If you violate Pogo's Terms of Service by retaliating against the abuser you reported, your account may be banned as well. Abuse is abuse, and we treat all forms of it equally.

I am so spittin' mad - I wrote this:
Well I can tell you that response was totally unacceptable!!!!!  You could ban me completely just because someone (and you don't know who) may make complaints about me.... I don't even use the chat that often, but if someone........ maybe even a prankster is out to have malicious fun it's at my expense and just tough for me?????  There is no appeal??? I know who I am and what I am and I am NONE of the things you stated and if I get banned after paying for 2years of membership, you can bet I will be contacting the better business bureau and any one else I can think of .............. where is my trial.... holy cow, this all really seems sureal

gigi is not laughing anymore (only a little heehee) it's only a stupid game, right?  I always have Tumblebugs to play :-*

Barbara

I hate to sound cavalier, but autos and glitches are against the Pogo TOS.  Yes, I use autos and I am not trying to be holier-than-thou.  I hate that you got restricted and I wish that it didn't happen to you.  If I get busted, I am going to be really mad, yet I am not going to challenge it.  I would, if I were anyone who got a 72-hour time out, just chill and be thankful that I got to come back.  I hope that you get back to playing soon. It is hard for me to tell from your post, did you use the exploit?  If not, I would be seriously mad if I were you.

gigi

my suspension is up and I don't mind that part, it's that anyone looking at my profile and seeing the badges for ranks in spider could report me again and according to what I read "then" pogo would bann me forever....... I even told pogo I used their glitch to my advantage and to ban me for than, not for offensive language or abusive behavior............  If I'm going to be punished, punish me for what I did.  But I appreciate your response and sympathy LOL taking all the consoling I can get.  And "yes" I am staying out of spider until I can bury those badged hahaha

Barbara

Go to Panda Poker, Perfect Pair, Jigsaw and Harvest Mania and just snap up some badges and cover the spider badges.  I am glad you are still in Pogo.  If you have the cell phone access you can get 5 badges in a day, per game and seriously bury those badges.  Wednesday will be here soon and you will have 3 more badges.  It took me from December 21st until February 7th to get all those badges.  Rank 50 was well over 72 hours to get alone.

christina

What I don't understand is how they don't have access to why you were blocked in the first place. How on earth can they not have access to it?

masters angel

Quote from: christina on August 07, 2005, 09:22:15 PM
What I don't understand is how they don't have access to why you were blocked in the first place. How on earth can they not have access to it?

I was wondering the same thing...if I got banned I would like to know the actual reason why, whether its for using an auto ir some other breach of the TOS I want to know why.  If THEY dont even know how it happened how can they justify a ban? 

Torn2pieces

I think if you complain to pogo and they give you some lame canned response and you complain back to them about it, they ban you, because they can do whatever they want. It's ridiculus how pogo can just ban someone and think yeah it's ok, we got their money, we can say they cheated, whether one actually cheated or not.

The real problem I find, is the nosey busy bodies who sit in a room just looking to squeal up a storm on someone who they "assume" is cheating. Those who do that, not only need a life, but perhaps a badge in their album that says " Pogo Squeal Patrol"

I'm sorry you got banned. I hope you can resolve it some way or another.

gigi

Thanks for the support, you guys are nice.
Yes, the whole response from Pogo just left my jaw hanging

NYYfan02

You know what Pogo gave you some bull crap right there. I KNOW someone who had their account banned permantely and she fought them tooth and nail... They said they would transfer all her tokens and 5 of her badges over to her new screen name. But she never gave up and they un blocked her name and she got her account back.

Pogo is so ridicoulous anymore.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview