PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 07:54:27 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

W.O.W.

Started by WindSong,

Previous topic - Next topic

WindSong

I'm getting sorta bored with Pogo, have almost all the badges available at the moment ... just a few more games to complete.  I'll continue collecting badges as they're offered but I've been looking for another game to play and World of Warcraft looks interesting. I'm not interested in  Ultima Online.  Does anyone here play W.O.W.  and if so, can you give your opinion of the game please.  Is it worth the costs?  Thanks for your input.

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

Sorry never played it. Or heard of it for that part.

Mayhem

My brother has played WoW .. and if RP games is your thing, it's worth every penny and a whole lot more.

It costs $15 USD a month. I hear it's very addicting. People have actually died playing the game.

They signup and play in some inet cafe for 3-4 days straight and for get to eat, sleep ... my bro gives it  O0 O0 up
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

avs1roy33

Barbara

Wow, pay to play and die!  That is better than badges, where do I sign up?

burning_bright25

My b/f and his friend that is staying with us play that game night and day, if they didnt have to sleep theywould be playing it.  I myself dont like RPG's  I did play it though and it is quite addicting. You have to find a guild and group to accomplish anything, it is faster than Everquest and much better.
And you should have a kick ass computer otherwise it will be slow and the lag will kill you  LOL

Mayhem

QuoteWow, and I thought pogo was addictive

Well the sad thing is .. for some people, life is better in that game than in real life.

The graphics are amazing and the virtual game world is so big, you get caught up in it very easily.

Barbara

Quote from: burning_bright25 on August 15, 2005, 11:08:41 AM
My b/f and his friend that is staying with us play that game night and day, if they didnt have to sleep theywould be playing it.  I myself dont like RPG's  I did play it though and it is quite addicting. You have to find a guild and group to accomplish anything, it is faster than Everquest and much better.
And you should have a kick ass computer otherwise it will be slow and the lag will kill you  LOL
No wonder why he brings Chex Cheddar Mix instead of Munchos.   ;)

ecksphore

I play WoW (lvl 58 Paladin) and I must say the game is very addictive.  I find myself sitting & playing intently for easily 4-6 hours (or more) at a time.  You will need a pretty decent computer to play it though, but the graphics and sound is superb.

O0

ME4SPADES_

W.O.W what ir the site addy would like a differernt place to place sometimes

wowsux

well, what else can I say, but WoW SUCKS.  Although, it may be quite right for you, depends on who you are.  As an example:

http://sprg.ssl.berkeley.edu/sprite/immel/more/summonergeeks.exe (video embedded into Blink media player)

or

http://www.cybermoonstudios.com/8bitDandD.html

WindSong

Quote from: Mayhem on August 15, 2005, 10:57:02 AM
My brother has played WoW .. and if RP games is your thing, it's worth every penny and a whole lot more.

It costs $15 USD a month. I hear it's very addicting. People have actually died playing the game.

They signup and play in some inet cafe for 3-4 days straight and for get to eat, sleep ... my bro gives it  O0 O0 up

Thanks for the input everyone.  Let me assure you, death is not my goal :-)

I'm looking for a game that I can get really involved in and not just sit clicking the mouse or watching my auto run all day.  Although I enjoy Pogo games, and will continue playing them, they do get boring.  I want something to stimulate the mind and keep me interested for a while.  Still looking at WOW as a possibility.  Thanks again.

WindSong

Quote from: nightperson on August 15, 2005, 11:51:39 AM
W.O.W what ir the site addy would like a differernt place to place sometimes

www.worldofwarcraft.com

WindSong

Quote from: Barbara on August 15, 2005, 10:59:51 AM
Wow, pay to play and die! That is better than badges, where do I sign up?

HAHAHAAHA,  I needed a good laugh today.

WindSong

Quote from: ecksphore on August 15, 2005, 11:26:57 AM
I play WoW (lvl 58 Paladin) and I must say the game is very addictive. I find myself sitting & playing intently for easily 4-6 hours (or more) at a time. You will need a pretty decent computer to play it though, but the graphics and sound is superb.

O0

WOW ... so what is your mount now?  and you get it free, right?  I know some who complain that you get a free mount, but they forget you have more expenses I believe that some of the others.  Is that true?  The graphics and amazing in this game.  I've watched it being played by several different characters and am always amazed at the scenery and graphics.

ecksphore

Yes the mount you get at lvl 40 is for free (paladins only) .. everyone else has to pay 90 gold.  The epic mount (which is part quest and part buying matterials) at lvl 60 is going to set you back 1000 gold.  Expenses between the different characters are at par pretty much, its your professions that cost the money (ie: blacksmithing, enchanting, etc).  I took up enchanting so I could buff up my plate mail / weapons to the max with really cool enchants.  As far as mounts go, lvl 40 mount = 60% faster than running & epic mount is 100% faster.  There are also quests you go on to receive trinkets that will speed up your mount as well.

Hope this has helped some!

O0

Homer

A South Korean man died recently from exhaustion after playing an online game for 50 consecutive hours in a cyber cafe. :o

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

sentinels

Man Dies After Playing Computer Games For 49 Hours

News Edition: 08/11/2005

SEOUL, South Korea -- For some people, playing video games can be addictive, and police in South Korea said that may have cost a man his life.
Police said a 28-year-old man collapsed at an Internet cafe and died after playing the battle simulation game Starcraft non-stop for 49 hours. They said he'd barely eaten anything while he was glued to the keyboard.

Doctors think the man might have had a heart attack.

Police said he was fired from his job last month because he kept missing work to play computer games.

.........Guess he should have called Badgehelp!!

Mayhem

Baby dies while parents play WoW

According to Incheon Police Station on Tuesday, a 29-year-old man husband identified by his family name of Yu and his wife put their four-month daughter in the bedroom of their home and went to a neighborhood PC café at around 4:00 p.m. on May 24 to play the online game "World of Warcraft.

Time flew by as the couple lost themselves in the game, and when they returned home at 9:00 p.m., their daughter was lying on her stomach, dead of suffication.

The couple told police, "We were thinking of playing for just an hour or two and returning home like usual, but the game took longer that day."

Police said, "It's unfortunate, because the tragedy could have been averted if the couple had just left their daughter with Yu's mother-in-law, who lived upstairs from them... We booked the pair on criminal charges, judging that when you consider the situation, they were responsible for their daughter's death."

WindSong

These deaths are really sad, especially the baby,  and it's a shame some people don't have more self control.  As with anything, some people are compulsive obsessive and it's a serious disease.  Guess Pogo isn't the only addicting game out there.  If I do choose to get WOW, you won't be reading about me neglecting my normal life or myself.  I love me too much!!
;) 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview