This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Account and Token Thief

Started by Rachel,

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel

Recently I was in a highstakes poker room and a name entered which appeared to be internal pogo ppl of some kind adverrtising free tokens to ppl who change email address to an address which appeared as a pogo type address....I tried adding user to friends list to see if I oculd find them again only one of the letters was not as it appeared. The letter in the name appeared to be an L but was really a capital i. I was confused,, So on another name I changed my email address and immediately started looking for and promotions containg that information and to the help section where I quickly understood as explained that POGO will never actually ask you to do this... BY the time I signed back out of my club name the old name had been stolen,,, very frustrated I fooled around and quickly thought of the similarities in those letters and added to friends list,, I refreshed constantly and realized the accoutn thief was going room to room and must have had some kind of hot keys and was adrvertising it verywhere. I used my club name to message the thief and inform he would be reported. Not long afterwards he began messaging me and another club member from accounts that he was stealing, one by one I added to friends list, adn went to rooms where they were,  and spoke to the players, they hadnt even realized that it was stolen since they had not logged out. I was even more frustrated,,, I followed from room to room and him/her left so fast I could not report... Finally he/she realized I was following them and reentered a room I had followed them to and readvertised yet again, so I got my report in before he left, he he requested private chat and quickly cancelled and left room.  I was entirely frustrated, he then message me from another name and would only say one thing.....You think you can stop me well your wrong I am your #1 Token & account theifs 221    looked at the profile on the name and there was the same message in the profile, and I check all other accounts and on including mine that I know of they all had that same phrase placed into the profile... I tried the help section no hel p there! I called the numebr fr club pogo the next morning and got my account back no problem! BUT----- what astonished me the most was today i got an email from pogo prize that I had not won and had the name of the player who did win the daily lotto drawing. My curiosity struck again....I pasted name into my friedns list and pulled up profile and sure enuff!!!!!!!!!!! THERE WAS THE PHRASE! The thief had won on a stolen name.. >:( :'( I remebered then that the thief had sent all those messages to another person than me (as it shows who the message wsa sent to at top of message) I added to friends list and the player was club member and on, I enetered the room and began asking if what appeared to be a she had been chasing them too if that was why we both receved all of the messages from stole accounts, her accoutn was well over 24 millioon tokens...she than began accusing ME of being the thief and telling everyone in room not to chagne their email address, I lol. I then told her I had never accused her and asked why she was accusing me???? and she quickly left room I think there may be a connection between the thief and this player... She also mentioned another name I added to list which had a trademark in the profile I googled it as I do almost everything and came up with positive results and an email address, which I am now awaiting a response... This angers me and through the phone system for ea there is no way to report this..PLEASE BE AWARE they are out there and who ever it is is good at it but I am getting closer and I am determined to end the mystery,,, I am a person of detail I pay attention to everything any information to similar attaks wuld be help ful..

wattsmyname

I have been in rooms and seen this person in action. Good luck catching them. I tried the same things as you and you are correct, they are very good.

kazandchip

Sorry this happened to you but the old adage "if it sounds to good to be true" might apply here

sleauxmeaux

Common sense would tell you not to change the email address on your account unless you had control of said email account.

ipogoallday

Forward the pogo message that says they are a token thief to pogo_marcelle .  She is very helpful.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview