This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Backgammon Challenge Changed?

Started by Motley,

Previous topic - Next topic

Motley

I thought the Backgammon challenge for next week was to "gammon" your opponent once...now it says on the Pogo site, "win 20 games."  What!!  I think a stock tip is in order...everyone invest in Prozac, I will make you rich next week.  One game is bad enough but 20...yuck, I'd rather win 20 games of Euchre.  Oh well, I guess I should be glad the kids are going to be in school so that they don't hear mommy's naughty words.

DoubleOscotty

I was just about to post this..

What is gammonning someone anyway?

LadyDi

Even worse is the poppit challenge.

I am unable to use the "thunder popper".....ME98 here.......so, winning three games IN A ROW will be next to impossible for me.

On the other hand, I have two puters, so I can win the stupid backgammon games...although, it too will take time!!

Ugh is all I can say to next week's challenges....Zero fun!! >:( ;D

Motley

It won't be impossible just nerve racking.  Play on Easy, to win a Poppit game you don't have to clear the board just release all the prizes.  Since I finished the game, I have no incentive to even play on any level except Easy.

I think to "gammon" your opponent is when you get all your pieces in the tray before they can get any in theirs.  That challenge would of taken me one game to win.  Thanks Pogo...I love you so much I pay you.

Trisha

Quote from: Motley on September 07, 2005, 03:04:05 PM
Thanks Pogo...I love you so much I pay you.

LMBO
So right ... I think we Pogo Club members are all a bit masochist !  ;D

Capt. Morgan

I finished the 2003 challenges a few weeks ago.
If anybody knows any tricks on this please post it.
I tried the tip of resigning after all pieces on one side of the board and nothing but wasted time, tried the doubling cube , nope did not work.
I had to actually play out the games,
Any tips for this would be great.
Thanks in advance.

PogoNutz

The challenge posted for next week is to win 20 games.  Having your opponent resign should give you credit for the win.  Sometimes you have to make a move before you resign to get credit so I'd try both of these options first.  If neither works and you need a partner to throw the games for ya, give a shout

SaintHiρρo

And of course, there is always double browsing. Since it's a non Club Pogo game, you can simply make a new account and beat that one 20 times by lining up your pieces 1 piece alone. Simple game to play that I actually learned in grade school because I had no friends, no life and nothing left to achieve as the smartest kid in my classroom... going off topic here but setting up your "new account" pieces to be taken and stack the odds against them making a move, you should win 20 games in no time!

nascarrulz

Quote from: Motley on September 07, 2005, 12:50:21 PM
I thought the Backgammon challenge for next week was to "gammon" your opponent once...now it says on the Pogo site, "win 20 games."  What!!  I think a stock tip is in order...everyone invest in Prozac, I will make you rich next week.  One game is bad enough but 20...yuck, I'd rather win 20 games of Euchre.  Oh well, I guess I should be glad the kids are going to be in school so that they don't hear mommy's naughty words.

SHHHHHH!!!! on the Euchre Pogo might here you.

StormShadow

if that is your pogo name you should not post that on the site

bubblegum

So if I create a new pogo account, play under 2 different browsers, resign to myself, I should win the badge?  If this doesn't work, please let me know.   I have no friggin clue how to play backgammon!!  You couldn't beat me hard enough with the rule book to have that game make sense.  thanks

Barbara

LaundryLady

I find that if I go to the lobby and sit there with my lip quivering and a tear in my eye, I can find someone who will take pity on me.

So bring the tissues when you come. ;D

Barbara

You stop it!  You know I am here for you.  Put those tissues away.

LaundryLady

Thanks Barbara, and me for you.

(Shamelessly post-padding)

LL

taterbug

Hint on the poppit challenge..play on easy and only play puzzles that give you two star balloons. ( they give you the pin and the weight to assist in meeting the challenge requirement ) Yes the last time I tried to use the "resign" in gammon it worked but you did have to make a move or two first. Good luck all! ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview