PlayBuddy
August 11, 2024, 08:12:51 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

football

Started by buck123,

Previous topic - Next topic

buck123

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

helpmewin

bobby

i came so close on monday night i picked atlanta 34 combined points i thought i picked 24 total points >:(

Homer

Quote from: helpmewin on September 13, 2005, 01:48:06 PM
Quote from: Homer on September 13, 2005, 01:20:04 PM
Not you.  :P

you are way too funny homer!   ;D   O0

I try to be amusing although not everyone appreciates my sense of humor. O0

Homer

Quote from: bobby on September 13, 2005, 01:57:48 PM
i came so close on monday night i picked atlanta 34 combined points i thought i picked 24 total points >:(

Bobby after your picks this week I believe you probably have trouble picking your butt as well.  :P j/k  ;)

bobby

Capt.Howdy

NEW YORK (AP) - Nine players were fined for their roles in a fight before Monday night's game between the Eagles and Falcons, with Atlanta defensive tackle Chad Lavalais drawing the biggest fine - $7,500 - for a hit on Donovan McNabb during the game.
Lavalais was fined for using his helmet on McNabb, who hurt his chest on the play. McNabb is questionable for Philadelphia's game Sunday against San Francisco because of the injury.

"I'm not a fine guy, I don't go back and try to point fingers on what people did," McNabb said after he practiced Thursday. "If it didn't happen, it's not going to stop my preparation for San Francisco. It's nothing that's going to make me go out and buy a Wendy's triple-stacked cheeseburger. I'm not going to buy them any flowers or take somebody from the league out to eat."

For the pregame fight, which resulted in Falcons cornerback Kevin Mathis and Eagles linebacker Jeremiah Trotter being ejected before kickoff, both players got $5,000 fines. Also receiving a $5,000 hit was cornerback DeAngelo Hall for unsportsmanlike conduct for grabbing an opponent's facemask and then throwing the opponent's helmet.

Trotter said the NFL should discipline the referees who tossed him out of the game.
"They should have fined the referee," he said. "That's who they should have fined for that bad call. I do think referees should get fined, too, for making a bad call. There should be some disciplinary actions for the refs."

Two Falcons were fined $2,500 for entering a fight area, which made them active participants: safety Keion Carpenter and cornerback-kick returner Allen Rossum. Safety Kevin McCadam got a $1,000 fine.

Along with Trotter, the three Eagles fined for entering a fight area were linebackers Keith Adams, Jason Short and Mike Labinjo.

"From what I saw, it was mostly their guys running their mouths, throwing the punches, ripping the helmets off, slamming them on the ground," Labinjo said.

Adams, Short and Labinjo all insisted they were trying to break up the fight. Short said "they've got nothing on me," and said he will appeal the fine.

"It doesn't pay to be the good guy, I guess," Adams said.

During warmups, Trotter apparently pushed Mathis, who responded with a punch. Hall also appeared to throw a punch. Then everyone got into it, forcing the officials to intervene.

Trotter and Mathis were ejected after the officials peered into the replay monitor, which is normally used to rectify disputed calls during the game. This time, it helped determine who started the fight and which players were involved.

Moments later, another brawl nearly broke out. As the Atlanta players were trotting back to the locker room, they noticed the Eagles gathering on the Falcons logo in the middle of the field.

The Falcons ran en masse back to the 50-yard line and fought for position with the Eagles, forcing the officials to separate the teams again. No punches were thrown, and both teams went off slowly in opposite directions to their respective locker rooms.

Trotter joked about the punishment, saying he was going to appeal all the way to the Supreme Court.

"Any of you know Matlock? Give me his number. I heard he's never lost cases," Trotter said.

RC

The refs really didn't make good judgement calls regarding the pre-game incident, or a couple things during the game as well. I don't think what happened pre-game deserved an ejection, for either of them.. it's not like they wrestled each other to the ground and were throwing punches and all that.. and really, with helmets on and all those pads, what are punches gonna do anyway besides hurt your own hand? Throwing someone like Trotter out of the game before it even started, for something that he did not instigate, is ridiculous, and I believe was a major factor in the Eagles not being able to pull that one out. Not to make excuses or anything, but last season when the Eagles were having trouble stopping the run, they plugged Trotter in that hole and completely turned it around from then on, and he was the major factor in stopping opposing runners.. and when you eliminate that against the team that led the league in rushing, obvioulsy you're gonna have problems. And not only that, but the refs missed 2 things the Falcons did during the game, that ended up getting fined for, but were not even penalized for in the game. The hit in McNabb's chest, and Hall picking up the Eagles helmet and throwing it.. how can you miss stuff like that? I guess even the refs need a time to get used to the season, but then again, refs will always be questioned no matter what time of year it is lol.

Homer

My personal opinion was neither player did enough to get ejected. It's just guys all hyped up to play. I'm not condoning what happened but it sure made pre-game very interesting. Kinda reminded me of hockey. LOL

I couldn't believe a penalty wasn't called on the McNabb hit. That was clearly spearing which is a personal foul. I wish the officials did a better job not just in this game but in most games.

beanie

Yeehee Bucs won again - 2 in a row - lets see how long that lasts.  By-the-way Homer- I love your sense of humor- I think you are terrific..  :-*

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview