PlayBuddy
August 11, 2024, 10:21:21 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

look at them flyers!

Started by avs1roy33,

Previous topic - Next topic

avs1roy33

Barb must be super happy. Her flyers are undefeated so far. (but so are the avs!)

RC

There's about 19 teams undefeated at this point lol.. and it doesn't even count yet. But an 8 goal outburst and a hat trick by "Gags".. I'll take it!

avs1roy33

I know lol. I couldn't resist, seeing that the flyers will soon be defeated and sink to the bottom of the standings. Not even Peter the Great can save that trainwreck.  >:D

Barbara

Hockey is the second greatest passion of my life.  It is the best sport ever and the fans are the best.  I have an 8X10 autographed photo of my favorite former Flyer, Rod Brind'Amour right over the bridge of my desk. Love those sweaty gladiators!

RC

I think he'll be a great addition.. when he gets back, at least. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised when they were able to score 8 goals, without Forsberg or even Kapanen, and the 2 guys they added at the end of the last playing year chipped in with goals, Knuble and Stevenson. Although the D giving up 6 goals was less pleasant.. hopefully that was just everyone getting used to the new changes and new teammates.. plus Hatcher being out too. I hope this injury thing isn't a norm for the season!

Barbara

Quote from: avs1roy33 on September 19, 2005, 08:42:07 PM
I know lol. I couldn't resist, seeing that the flyers will soon be defeated and sink to the bottom of the standings. Not even Peter the Great can save that trainwreck.  >:D
What?  I am in shock!  Guess what?  Motley's mini's boyfriend has swim club with your mini and said that your mini has "bacne"

avs1roy33

Just kidding Barb. Man i'm being bad tonight. Must be that mountain dew I had earlier. My mini does NOT have 'bacne'. My mini is the star of the swin team. Motley's mini whispered to my mini in math class today that your mini smells like garlic and has a nasty rash.

Hockey is awesome and I am soooo glad its back.

Barbara

I have to be honest, just as long as the Red Wings don't win, I am a happy camper, lol.
Garlic and a rash?  Oh my!  LOL!  Motley's mini told my mini that your mini had an unfair advantage in the math SATS with the 6 fingers on each hand thing.

avs1roy33

Quote from: Barbara on September 19, 2005, 09:05:00 PM
I have to be honest, just as long as the Red Wings don't win, I am a happy camper, lol.

No kidding. Brett Hull makes my insides turn. And Bowman, their old coach, makes me sick just looking at him.

RC

psst.. Hull is in Phoenix now lol.. but I'm with yas, can't stand Detroit winning. But they are so old, at least their main core star players are, that when all of them retire to the old folks home, we can only hope that drops the Wings down a few pegs. They may need to instigate a new rule to allow the use of canes while on the ice.. or some kind of ice wheel chairs.. or perhaps allow them to have oxygen tanks strapped to their backs.

Barbara

Avs just sent me a funny link.  I am going to PM it to you RC.

RC

Thanks Barb.. and to Avs.. what a fitting site that was lol. I especially liked #8 on The Top Ten List (actually Top 20)!
And thanks for being my first official PM here! lol

Barbara

I know, I loved the one about the metal detector and the airport!  That's good livin'.

beanie

Detroit didn't win because my great Lightning Team creamed them woohooo... I am sooo glad Hockey is back on and even more excited that the local Sun Channel will carry most of the games on TV- saves on those expensive tickets.. Although I have heard that our tickets are not as expensive as Phili's tix..

RC

Tampa beat Calgary to win the Stanley Cup 2 years ago.. unless you're talking about them creaming Detroit at another time.

Flyer tickets (if you're talking single game prices, and not season ticket prices) can range anywhere from $23 (top level, ends of arena behind the goal) to $85 lower level seats. The ones in between are $40-55.

beanie

Oh no - they played Detroit tonight and won- preseason game but still a win.  Our bottom row tickets were priced at $55.00 near the goal lines (corner-bottom) - that was 2 yrs ago tho when I used to get them free (hehe).

Barbara

Male hockey fans are great.  There is something so wonderfully refreshing about a female hockey fan though.  Beanie, I am not surprised that you are one. If ever you make it out to a game, the nachos are on me, especially if that puck flies in my direction, literally!  Let me know if you are ever at a game and I will meet you and we can make our "WE LOVE YOU HOMER" sign and root for the best hockey team, go FLYERS!

ClingFree

Does anyone else think of the kids song when seeing Barbara's avatar?

Peas and Carrots
Peas and Carrots
on my plate
on my plate
I like peas and carrots
I like peas and carrots
They taste great ...
They taste great

I cant get it out of my head!

beanie

Lol-  Barbara, that would be great-  nachos and Barbara at a hockey game woohooo--- I am so glad they put up those nets at our games tho- wouldnt want to get clocked on the head by one of those pucks.  I have found lots of them under the seats tho before the games start which is cool.  Oh and yes I do agree Homer is great-  Go Homer Go, Go Homer Go,  hehe...
Clingfree-  I have never heard that song before but it is cute-  i love peas and carrots - eat them every Christmas.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview