This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Suggestion for another of Homer's winning sports leagues

Started by raptors2004,

Previous topic - Next topic

raptors2004

This topic regards Homer's challenge.. Homer, how about making a basketball league challenge when the NBA season starts, where users predict who would win matches (you could give the scheduled games for the upcoming week) and the person who has the most correct guesses or wins the tiebreaker (e.g.: could be combined points, rebounds, etc) wins a pogo auto program.. Post any comments about the suggestion and I hope you accept it as a new Homer's challenge league..  O0

SaintHiρρo

I think the problem with selecting a sport like basketball is that there are ALOT of games to occur in a 1 week period whereas in football, it's 1 game each week. It would be too difficult to list all the games to occur in a 1 week period, keep track of who won what game and then match up all those games with the many people on this website.

Now if it was something like baseball, it could be done in a way of each series ie: Jan 2-5  Red Sox/Yankees (I know they don't play baseball in Jan so don't start correcting me or sending me PMs, it's just an example!) and guessing who would win the series at that time.

Not a bad suggestion but just too difficult to envision a NBA type Sports League unless you start something on Yahoo! and called it "The Pogo Cheaters League" or something!  :D

Homer

I could create leagues if I thought there would be enough interest in them. I've only tried Yahoo's Fantasy Football. They do a pretty good job with that.

How about a hockey league? I think we have a lot of hockey geeks here.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

raptors2004

What about certain games each week? Say 1 or 2 game from each playing day.. They don't play every day and even if they do, most days its only 1 game.. On certain days (Saturday, Monday and Thursday or something like that), there are more than 1 or 2 games played.. From those days, only 1 game could be picked.. A good website for NBA scores from the previous days is SportingNews, which also has good fantasy games.. I think it shows scores for games played up to 5 days ago.. It would be useful for seeing who won the basketball game.. 1 or 2 games from each day would make about the same number of games that football has listed for the week.. And it wouldn't be so hard to track down the scores, because you can see them all at once at SportingNews.com (or rather FoxSports.com because SportingNews redirects the page to a FoxSports one which shows the scores :D)  :)

raptors2004

Quote from: Homer on September 15, 2005, 04:41:58 PM
I could create leagues if I thought there would be enough interest in them. I've only tried Yahoo's Fantasy Football. They do a pretty good job with that.

How about a hockey league? I think we have a lot of hockey geeks here.

If noone wants a basketball league at least a hockey one is good :D .. Maybe a poll should be started about what kind of league(s) users want.. :D

buck123

I like the nascar one....10 races left who ever has the correct order after the 10 races...but not points...who ever has the most correct   spots wins....if a tie  like have it how many points the champion wins over 2nd place

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview