Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Rockstar

Started by RC,

Previous topic - Next topic

RC

Has anybody here been watching the show "Rockstar: INXS" this summer? If you have, you'll at least be able to follow and know who I'm talking about.. if not, then it'll be pretty much like reading Greek I guess. But anyway, in short, the longtime rock band, INXS, chose to do a reality kind of show, a rockin performance show, starting out with 15 rockers, men and women, and each week narrowing it down to eventually get to one person who would become the new lead singer for the band, record a new album with them, and go on the road on a world tour. Tonight was the finale when they chose their new lead singer. And from one lifelong INXS fan, myself, I couldn't have been more disappointed in their choice. The guy they chose is named J.D. Fortune..a one time Elvis impersonator, and yes, it shows.. and even though he can rock out sometimes, and possibly has a voice that can sing their songs, I think he is definitely not the right type of guy, personality-wise, work ethic-wise, performance-wise, or in any other way. I have actually been rooting, for weeks now, for the guy that ended up in 2nd place, Marty Casey, who I think would have fit in much, much better with the band, in every way I mentioned that JD didn't. INXS did say they would love for Marty to open up for them on their tour, and Dave Navarro, who was also a part of the show, said he would play guitar for Marty whenever he wanted.. I guess it's not a bad consolation prize, but it's not thee prize.

When the show first started, I was excited that INXS would be getting a new singer, and start making new music.. but I gotta say, with JD as the lead now, I have no desire whatsoever to hear what they come up with. I think they made a huge mistake, and will probably pay for it in the long run. I won't go into all the other things I think about JD, about his attitude and personality.. I'm sure there are tons of female fans who love him and are gonna be supporting the new band, and throwing their undergarments at him on the stage.. but this is one INXS fan who will continue to listen to the original INXS, and be happy with that.

Barbara

Pop quiz: what is the meaning of "suicide blond?"

Capt.Howdy

hmmmm i have no clue:  Drug addiction?

"Suicide Blonde"

Suicide blonde, suicide blonde
Suicide blonde, suicide blonde
Suicide blonde was the colour of her hair
Like a cheap distraction
For a new affair
She knew it would finish
Before it began
Something tells me you lost the plan

You want to make her
Suicide Blonde
Love devastation
Suicide Blonde

You want to make her
Suicide Blonde
Love devastation
Suicide Blonde

She stripped to the beat
But her clothes stay on
White light everywhere
But you can't see a thing
Such a squeeze
A mad, sad moment
Glory to you, glory to you, take me there

Got some revelation put into your hands
Save you from your misery
Like rain across the land
Don't you see
The colour of deception
Turning your world around again

You want to make her
Suicide Blonde
Love devastation
Suicide Blonde

You want to make her
Suicide Blonde
Love devastation
Suicide Blonde

RC

I'm sure I probably heard what you mean by that.. but am not sure of it at the moment. When it comes to trivia like that, I do very badly whatever the subject lol. I know their music very well, and that's actually one of my favorites, even the album "X" that it's on, and I would put that album right up there with "Kick" in my book.

Capt.Howdy

I dont think they will have near the success as they did with  Michael Hutchence. i will stick to listening to earler inxs as well

Jeffer

"Candle in the wind"

I saw INXS in San Diego when I was wondering who "Eenks" were.

Barbara

RC

lol.. and kind of a "yikes", considering how the old lead singer, went out.  :-[

butch1286

anybody know who won ? did they say yet? my mom was watching it but missed the last episode who they cut?

RC

butch.. it's as easy as looking at the first post, scroll up a bit dude

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

RC

Homer.. I would have picked you over the JD dude.. hands down lol

Fluffy756

RC I am with you been watching it all summer long waited so long for them to pick the right person to be in the band and the pick JD..... don't like their choice at all.

fluffy

butch1286

I'm a chic and eww they picked that fruit cake? He is terrible my fish makes better sounds than him! My mom and i would liked to see that dude Mig over the guy that won. Never listen to anything they make with him. Terrible choice. Ohh and thanks I spaced didn't even finish reading it

PogoNutz

kazandchip

As an Aussie and a looooong time INXS fan I watched this show with a little bit of trepidation.And when JD was announced my heart sank. Mig is great but his peformances seem to have a too polished theatrical edge.JD would probably be a great singer for another band but Marty had that "tortured angst" feel about him, similar to Michael/Jim Morrison/Iggy Pop. I would love to see him front INXS.Oh well I can't have everything :(

RC

Quote from: butch1286 on September 23, 2005, 01:46:46 PM
I'm a chic and eww they picked that fruit cake? He is terrible my fish makes better sounds than him! My mom and i would liked to see that dude Mig over the guy that won. Never listen to anything they make with him. Terrible choice. Ohh and thanks I spaced didn't even finish reading it

My apologies.. maybe "dudette" would be better suited? lol I am glad to see others here who feel the same way I did about this. I don't wish the band any misfortune (no pun intended with the new guy's last name), since I've been a fan for so long.. but what would be real fitting is if Marty and his band, or whoever he chooses to make music with in the future, actually outperform and do better than the "new" INXS. I bet that would have those bandmates second guessing themselves lol.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview