PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 02:28:20 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Best phone for Pogo Moblie?

Started by PogoNutz,

Previous topic - Next topic

PogoNutz

Ok, I'm about ready to throw away good money on another phone.  I know there is a list of phones that "work" but I also recall that Barbara's phone was on that list and it wasn't able to get all of the games.

My questions for those that have already crossed over to the mobile side are:
1.  What kind of phone do you have?
2.  Does it get all of the games offered by Pogo Mobile?
3.  Is the screen easy to see?  (I have old eyes that weren't that great when they were young :))
4.  Is it easy to control the game with your phone? (I have less than nimble fingers that seem to have gotten fatter lately :))
5.  Are you happy with your phone's performance in playing pogo mobile?

Thanks a lot.  I appreciate anyone that cares to contribute to this topic (and even if you don't ;D)

Homer

1. Motorola T730
2. Hell no.
3. Not really. Only T21 is available to me and it was difficult to see.
4. It wasn't easy for me but for those who text a lot it is probably easy.
5. Hell no. I lost progress in my T21 badges because of the phones inability to reliably connect to pogo's servers to record my progress.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

PogoNutz

Thanks Homer, I'd say that that model is off my list :)

beanie

Sorry Mr. Bill wish I could help you but I totally refuse to go over to Verizon for anything.  I'll just wait it out til Nextel get the games or I'll be happy with nothing. Verizon will never get my business again, had them for 3 yrs and it was total horror.  I wished pogo would have offered it to other cell carriers first.  Good luck to you.  I know my brother has a samsung - don't know which one tho and it seems to do good.  Sorry dont' have much other info for ya. 

Homer

Quote from: Mr. Bill on September 24, 2005, 11:33:48 AM
Thanks Homer, I'd say that that model is off my list :)

Bill, I don't recall anyone saying they have all the games on their phone. I know my phone is a bit old by industry standards. I've had my Moto for almost 2 years.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

winterangel

I'm very upset with Pogo.  I have a Motorola V555 and my carrier will support EA games but EA games will not support my carrier.  And I have emailed them plenty of times to ask when they're going to add more support for other carriers and I keep getting the party line.

Motley

I have 2 models from Verizon and both have all 3 of the games.  One is the Samsung a650, that one is good if you have good eyes and tiny fingers.  The other model I have is the Motorola V710, the screen and the keypad are a little bigger.  That is the phone I prefer.  Good luck.

bobby

i got the lg 7000, it has all the games on it but tri-peaks messes up alot

liebe_angel

1. I have lg vx 6100
2. yes
3.yes
4. somewhat easy to control
5. yes am happy with the performance
good luck in find you a phone

helpmewin

Quote from: angel77 on September 24, 2005, 02:03:15 PM
1. I have lg vx 6100
2. yes
3.yes
4. somewhat easy to control
5. yes am happy with the performance
good luck in find you a phone

I have the same phone , it has all the games on it, but I have not yet "bitten the bullet" and gotten any of them ........I need to get all my other badges first before I get those games.....and since they keep bringing out new games, I don't see that happening any time soon.  ::)     :'(

PogoNutz

Ah, but that's the point.  You can run your auto on your computer while you are earning badges the old fashioned way on the phone :)

My daughter has a two year contract with V so I may see how much it costs to just add the new phone to her account.  Keeping the use to weekends and after 9, I shouldn't be adding too much to the cost (except for the games themselves).

By the way, to all who have replied so far, Thanks so much!  I'll probably give it a week while I mull over the possibilities, but I'll be sure to post when I get the phone and let you know how it works out ;D

helpmewin

Quote from: Mr. Bill on September 24, 2005, 03:50:45 PM
Ah, but that's the point.  You can run your auto on your computer while you are earning badges the old fashioned way on the phone :)

My daughter has a two year contract with V so I may see how much it costs to just add the new phone to her account.  Keeping the use to weekends and after 9, I shouldn't be adding too much to the cost (except for the games themselves).

By the way, to all who have replied so far, Thanks so much!  I'll probably give it a week while I mull over the possibilities, but I'll be sure to post when I get the phone and let you know how it works out ;D

I have the Family Plan through "V".....the first phone I added on was only an extra $9.99 per month, then I added another and that also was only 9.99 per month.  I just have to convince the other half that I "need" those mobile games!  he he  :-X

Also, when I upgraded to this phone, I got a $50 rebate.....so to me, it was well worth the bucks.

PogoNutz

Thanks Helpmewin, I've just talked to my daughter about that.  Even if I pay the difference between what she is paying now and what the family plan costs (plus the extra 10 bucks a month) it would still probably be cheaper than getting the service for myself. 

As far as phones, the early results looks like the ones to look into further are the Motorola V710 and the lg vx 6100 (thanks to Motley and Angel for these recommendations and to everyone else that is helping me narrow the choices down :) )

helpmewin

Quote from: Mr. Bill on September 24, 2005, 06:22:05 PM
Thanks Helpmewin, I've just talked to my daughter about that.  Even if I pay the difference between what she is paying now and what the family plan costs (plus the extra 10 bucks a month) it would still probably be cheaper than getting the service for myself. 

As far as phones, the early results looks like the ones to look into further are the Motorola V710 and the lg vx 6100 (thanks to Motley and Angel for these recommendations and to everyone else that is helping me narrow the choices down :) )

I have the LGVX6100....and have not been sorry that I purchased that phone...it has a wonderful colored screen....really makes me want to go buy those games now.....hmmmm O0

PogoNutz

Just wanted to post an update.  I just did a search of the internet and found that both Verison and Sprint had announced that they would be offering pogo games (this was back in July).  I just sent Sprint an email asking the status of this effort.  Not that I expect a favorable response, but if you have Sprint, you may want to ping them as well  :)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Mr. Bill on September 24, 2005, 10:55:52 AM
Ok, I'm about ready to throw away good money on another phone.  I know there is a list of phones that "work" but I also recall that Barbara's phone was on that list and it wasn't able to get all of the games.

My questions for those that have already crossed over to the mobile side are:
1.  What kind of phone do you have? - Motorola V710
2.  Does it get all of the games offered by Pogo Mobile? - Yes
3.  Is the screen easy to see?  (I have old eyes that weren't that great when they were young :)) - Yes, very easy
4.  Is it easy to control the game with your phone? (I have less than nimble fingers that seem to have gotten fatter lately :)) - Playing the games was easy and no problems with controlling it. Fingers do go numb after playing Tri-Peaks for 4 hours (like I did today)5.  Are you happy with your phone's performance in playing pogo mobile? - Yes. No freezing, still gets calls, phone works great. Nothing Pogo-Mobile related to complain about!
Thanks a lot.  I appreciate anyone that cares to contribute to this topic (and even if you don't ;D)

PogoNutz

Just wanted to post the response I got from Sprint/Nextel:

"Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel about downloading Pogo games.

For downloading games, a phone should be Vision capable.  Your current PCS Phone is not Vision capable.  Therefore, it is not compartible to download games.

Further, we do not offer the Pogo games at this point of time.  We keep adding new games from time to time.  In the near future, we may start offering these games.

Looking forward to serve you.  Have a nice day."

If you're waiting for Sprint "together with Nextel" it looks like you may be in for quite a wait.  I'll be shopping V this week :)

PogoNutz

...and the response to my latest :)

Dear Mr. Bill,

Its great to see you have emailed us back.

I appreciate your interest in downloading the games.  In the near future we may offering the new games.  I assure you soon this pogo games will be available on the Web site and you will be notified with the higher priority notification.

It has been a pleasure assisting you.  Have a nice day.

Gen
E-Care
Sprint together with Nextel
"Where our customers come first!""

Reading this you kinda have to wonder if Gen is short for Jennifer, or if it is short for Generated Reply.  Hummmm

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview