PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 10:46:10 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Giant Squid

Started by Capt.Howdy,

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt.Howdy

Photos taken of live giant squid 

One of the most famous sea creatures - the giant squid - has had its photo taken for the first time in the wild.
Dead giant squid have been washed up on beaches a number of times in the past, but this is the first time an adult live one has been captured on film.

A group of Japanese scientists tracked down the squid by following the only creature that eats them - sperm whales.

The deep sea pictures show squid are much more active and violent than first thought when attacking their prey.

The scientists worked out where the whales went to hunt for food, and then dropped a camera attached to some bait down around 900m.

How a giant squid compares in size

After more than 20 attempts a squid tried to attack the bait, and when it realised it wasn't real food it escaped, but not before leaving a tentacle behind.

That tentacle was 16ft (5.5m) long, suggesting the squid is around 24ft (around 8m) long.

Once the squid had been tricked into going for the bait it took more than four hours to work itself free, during which time the camera snapped more than 550 pictures.

Barbara

Capt.Howdy

Hmmm, i wonder if Max likes Calamari? If so, what a perfect chance for you to catch up on badges Barbara, while Max is filling up.
Because every1 knows after you stuff yourself...Nap time..lol

Barbara

Capt. Morgan

That's the same sucker that keeps squirting me in ink during atlantis slots.
Make some sushi out of him.

caroline196

is the squid for hire???
he can come and clean my apartment lol
only take him 10 minutes with his tentacles

PogoNutz

Quote from: BadgeHelpBob on October 02, 2005, 05:16:39 PM
Wow, Captain Howdy, you bring the most awesome esoteric stuff to the forum. I love it!

Yeah, and most of his stuff is not known by a lot of people.   LOL

cranky

i watch that on tv i love stuff like that to watch of course not to eat lol  :-*

Barbara

Quote from: BadgeHelpBob on October 02, 2005, 05:16:39 PM
Wow, Captain Howdy, you bring the most awesome esoteric stuff to the forum. I love it!
Bob was just jonesing to say "esoteric"  Wtg Bob!

Barbara

I would have just said"fishy" Yes, you get the two-fer.  Wanna make it a triple play?

Barbara

Sometimes a squid is just a squid.   ::)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview