PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:58:01 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How to save stuff from computer before reboot

Started by butch1286,

Previous topic - Next topic

butch1286

Okay, My computer has a virus on it and I will have the disks to erase everything and start over with reboot ( it think thats what its called) I think I can figure out how to save stuff from my Favorite websites folder and pictures on desktop but what about Email one of the users of this computer has Incredimail which has pictures that have been downloaded and other types to her Incredimail she will lose it if not saved. My question does anyone know how to do that cause I have no clue. Thanks

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

butch1286

Everytime I try to go to that site with Internet explorer it freezes up and shuts itself off. The site says I have to do it with IE only cant use FireFox.

Homer

You can do it with firefox as well. You just have to install the proper files.

crankycook

Haved you tried avg, they have a free anti virus, i use it all the time, and have been  virus free for over a year now, www.grisoft.com  click on site map, and look for the avg free, they also have a forum to help you. Also in the forum read how to clean an infected computer, it really does help, hope this helps you

butch1286

tried it says there is no longer a virus but my computer is still acting off

Homer

PogoNutz

My son messed up my system pretty bad.  I ran Norton but it didn't find anything. Then I used Spybot and it found and removed several programs that were giving me grief.  I haven't had any problems since (that and password protecting my computer so my son can't get on it anymore :)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: butch1286 on October 04, 2005, 09:08:23 AM
Okay, My computer has a virus on it and I will have the disks to erase everything and start over with reboot ( it think thats what its called) I think I can figure out how to save stuff from my Favorite websites folder and pictures on desktop but what about Email one of the users of this computer has Incredimail which has pictures that have been downloaded and other types to her Incredimail she will lose it if not saved. My question does anyone know how to do that cause I have no clue. Thanks

I have IncrediMail too but whenever I format my laptop (which is once every year... like to keep is clean), I have to take my IncrediMail files off by doing transferring them to CD (or Zip Drive or Flash Drive or move to a different PC or...). IncrediMail has directions on how to do this by going to this link:

<a href="http://www.incredimail.com/english/faq_index/im/transfer_incredimail.html">http://www.incredimail.com/english/faq_index/im/transfer_incredimail.html</a> and following the directions there. They work every time I format my computer. Don't forget to save your letters and other cool stuff you've downloaded because I was a member of IncrediMail before they added the "Gold Gallery" and everything I forgot to save is now something I have to pay for in the Gold Gallery. Sucks because I had it free and I'm not willing to pay for the Gold Gallery!

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview