Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Cancer free!

Started by Snarechick,

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarechick

;D :D ;D :D ;D

This month marked my third year of my cancer diagnoses (although they think it started two years earlier while I was 18)...and it also marks my first days of being cancer free!!!

I am beyond happy.  My Oncologists gave me the news, a hug, and sent me to sign my discharge papers from the cancer center.  I had known that this my be my last appointment, but I didn't want to get my hopes up...but as I walked to the front desk, I just started crying.  So many people in my family never lived to see this day, and I feel a bit guilty about that- but it's now time for me to turn towards these past three years and give it the two cheek salute.  My life has officially started over today, October 6th.

8)

holly222

I am so happy for you!  You and your family will be in my prayers.  Good luck on your new begining! O0

Betty Boop

a mere congratulations doesn't seem to express how i feel for you but for lack of better words.........CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

PogoNutz

Quote from: Snarechick on October 06, 2005, 08:55:47 AM
;D :D ;D :D ;D

My life has officially started over today, October 6th.

8)

Happy Birthday and God Bless

crankycook

Congratulations, and thou some of your family are not with you in person they are with you in spirit, and I'm sure they are very happy that someone has finally beaten it, My prayers are with you and your family, and congratulations once again.       

Now on a lighter note, time to celebrate.   

HollyDazed

Wow!  That's splendid news!!!  Now, run with scissors and live life to the fullest.   O0

lvdust72

Way CONGRATS to you.  I am also a cancer survivor of 18 years (with no remissions as well  O0 ) and I know how great it feels every 6 months to go back and still here that all clear sign!!

Also a GREAT Happy Birthday, and MANY more to come to you as well!!  :D (I celebrate mine as well)

rhinogeon

congrats !!
i am head and neck cancer servivior of 13 years this past march had another damn tumor taken out of my throat next to jugular vein. torn the vein to remove it but that makes #7 tumor that has been taken out of me realy screwed me up but im still here and i started a family i have a daughter whos 6
so keep up the postive thoughts and whats really helped me
even when your sick
even when you feel like crap
excercise and eat
im telling you if you can make your body work even when it dont want to
its amazing what mountains you can move
again wtg !!

Snarechick

Thanks for all of the congrats! 

I spent my first week cancer free eating the things that had been on my no-no list for the past three years....like Mt. Dew and M&Ms for starters. :D

Hoping to get some friends and family together later this month and going to Red Lobster.  With thyroid cancer, the one thing you really have to stay away from is Iodine (in shell fish/seafood and salt [iodized salt, do a history read on the purpose for it sometime]).  Being an avid sea creature eater, these past three years have been torture.

At any rate...knowing I have a new lease on life is the best feeling I've head in a long time.  I finally get to go back to school this winter!  College debt here I come. ::)

Bissel

Madonna

I am so glad to hear that you are cancer free!!! WTG on all your hard work and faith resulting in your recovery. Congratulations and God bless. O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview