This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Dumb Petition of the Day

Started by LaundryLady,

Previous topic - Next topic

LaundryLady

Got this in my Pogo Mail this morning.  Now this is not something I was happy to see before my first sip of coffee.

Sent: Wed 10/12/05 12:14 PM Eastern

Hi all

Pogo will give us a week to do as many challenges as we can to spring clean our badge albums up. When it reaches 200 signatures, please forward it to Pogo.... or forward to ************  to forward to Pogo if you don't know how.

And my response:

For God's sake, tell me why we need a petition for something that exists? Y'all been drinking?

Ps: Dont send me anymore or I will have to block you

My question is, was I just a tiny bit too harsh?  Oh, and was there a point to this petition?

LaundryLady

pogohatesme

I love it  :D I do the same thing to fowards I get on here and to the people who send me those stupid fowards in my regular email about getting money and gift certificates if you foward them to so many people.....utterly a waste of space in my email

RC

It sounds more like they were petitioning to get unlimited challenges in a one week span, which has never happened and I believe would never happen. These things people come up with are them having their hopes a bit too high and they're in some kinda rush to get all their badges as quick as possible. It's like the one where people want Pogo to start taking tokens as payment for their club accounts.. all unrealistic expectations. Petitions aren't gonna mean anything to Pogo anyway, one person could easily type every screenname he comes across.. if people want something changed, or added, or whatever, they should just contact Pogo themselves, and if they receive enough requests for it, they may give it consideration. But it's gotta be reasonable too, or I'm sure it just gets deleted like the rest of the junk.

Motley

I hate the message box feature of Pogo.  If I wanted mail from anyone, I would give my Pogo name or my email address.  I have had people send me things, I then take the time to block them from sending me mail again.  This is why I mainly stick to rooms where I am the only one in there, less people to get my name and send me garbage.

beanie

Hey Motley- I think you can go to preferences in your message area and choose "only allow those players on my friends list to message me"-  I have done that and even taken some of my friends off my list if they start sending too much petition junk mail.  Hope this helps you-  I know what you mean-  I don't even have my IM on anymore cause too many people were trying to IM me while I was running an auto and would mess me up- so off that went.

LaundryLady

Well, I think I may have a couple of friends that won't be talking to me for a while, sigh.  Just have had enough of politely telling them not to send me silly petitions. 

Maybe need a bigger brick, LOL

LL

beanie

Lady I wouldnt feel bad- if they know how you feel about it and continue to do it then they deserve to be removed from your list.  I had one of my friends send me along with a list of people those silly petitions then sent me a message to my regular email saying to please not send her junk mail-  I thought what nerve she has - I never send anyone anything- so I politely as I could told her what I thought of it and would be taking her off my list.  I'm really not a mean person at all just tired of people who turn things around on you.  Plus all I want to do it play on pogo not all the drama.  So play on gf-  block those who don't heed your warning and plow ahead.

silvrcraze

With any of my mail accounts I don't mind the funny forwarded messages.  I ignore the parts that may threated you to forward it but I do enjoy alot of the cute and funny stuff that is in most of them.  Also, if something is serious or a warning I try to look into it to verify it before I forward it. 

I hate the petitions or anything that they want your name added to for some bogus reason.  I MOST hate the stupid ones that just say if you don't send this in 7.34289473589347958374 seconds a house will fall on ur mom and ur dog will eat ur baby.  If I get those people are blocked QUICKLY!!!!!!!!

bubblegum

I enjoy myself reciving and sending funny and/or cute forwards...however I quickly hit delete to the ones that say bad luck will happen if you don't forward this in .00000000000000000000001 th of a second and the petition ones and the virus alert ones..nor do I pass those on.

avs1roy33

I'm too busy playing to give a crap about all of the silly pogo mail being passed around out there. I only want mail from people that need to get a hold of me or need to tell me something.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview